Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

RichardGamingo posted:

"There is a giant lizard. Its running. It appears that he ate something, or it was otherwise absorbed into his being. He grew wings. The loving lizard, its flying, it grew god drat wings! Major, there's a baby on that lizard's back! Its riding without a saddle! I don't understand, why doesn't it eat the baby? Is the baby its friend? Major, there's too much going on. Visibility is low. It appears that winged beasts are assaulting the lizard. It appears the lizard is protecting the baby. It appears the baby is still wearing its bloody placenta. Sir, do we fire the artillery?"

"No.
We wait.
We wait, we see where that lizard is going. And we capture that god drat lizard.
Kill the baby."

Best Regards,
RG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

RichardGamingo posted:

"There is a giant lizard. Its running. It appears that he ate something, or it was otherwise absorbed into his being. He grew wings. The loving lizard, its flying, it grew god drat wings! Major, there's a baby on that lizard's back! Its riding without a saddle! I don't understand, why doesn't it eat the baby? Is the baby its friend? Major, there's too much going on. Visibility is low. It appears that winged beasts are assaulting the lizard. It appears the lizard is protecting the baby. It appears the baby is still wearing its bloody placenta. Sir, do we fire the artillery?"

"No.
We wait.
We wait, we see where that lizard is going. And we capture that god drat lizard.
Kill the baby."

Best Regards,
RG

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

im not going to emptyquote richard gamingo

Dec 26, 2012

very well

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

RichardGamingo posted:

"No.
We wait.
Kill the baby."

Best Regards,
RG

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

blakyoshi posted:

Super Mario World is the Super Mario Sunshine of 2D Mario games, except a bunch of people think it's good for some reason.

mods?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

blakyoshi posted:

I can tell when games are bad. This is a crippling disability in our modern gaming society.

your about to have a crippling disability for real - because i'm going to gently caress you up, royally

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
yoshi's island owns but i never had the patience to 100% it

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

They hosed up the music in the GBA port.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Velthice posted:

yoshi's island owns but i never had the patience to 100% it

same

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
don't play the sequel on ds because it's kind of bad.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

qnqnx posted:

im not going to emptyquote richard gamingo

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Everybody knows Yoshi's Island is one of the greatest of all-time.

Yoshi's Island vs. Donkey Kong Country 2 is the REAL debate.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
It's true that Donkey Kong Country 2 is an incredibly sick game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its dkc2 for me, because you can die in it and it doesnt have a baby

but yoshi's island is close

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

While Doom is the best game of all time, that doesn't necessarily make it my personal favorite. That honor goes to Yoshi's Island, which I played a lot as a kid. Shadow of the Colossus is probably my second favorite. But Doom is probably my third favorite, and the best game of all time.

doom sucks rear end

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Borsche69 posted:

doom sucks rear end

:cripes:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

call of duty owns

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Correct

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Shiki Dan posted:

Yoshi's Island vs. Donkey Kong Country 2 is the REAL debate.

also Yoshi's Island by a slim margin

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dkc2 doesn't have those slow long maze levels with the bad music like yoshi does though.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkPYec-_9Aw
you're right, how weird

rj54x
Sep 16, 2007
Everything about Yoshi's Island is basically perfect other than the screaming baby noise, although eight year old me didn't really give a poo poo. I 100%'d it as a kid but realized as an adult that it's a much more entertaining game to just say gently caress it and play through the levels.

Though it is true that Donkey Kong Country 2 is the superior game, the graphics haven't held up as well but it has pirate lizards and some of the best music of the 16-bit era, also no screaming baby.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Borsche69 posted:

doom sucks rear end

:wtc:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

:whitewater:

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

Sucks complete rear end that the only version in the virtual console is the GBA one.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Wootman posted:

Sucks complete rear end that the only version in the virtual console is the GBA one.

It's really hosed up.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I played the entirety of yoshis island on the gameboy advance at like age 7 in a fever recovering from some hosed up tonsil surgery. My memories of that game are tainted and seeing it still makes me sick lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rj54x posted:

Though it is true that Donkey Kong Country 2 is the superior game, the graphics haven't held up as well but it has pirate lizards and some of the best music of the 16-bit era, also no screaming baby.

yoshi's island also has some of the best music ever tho. the final boss music is amazing and i have no idea why it hasn't been remastered in the smash bros games

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I think it's good that Mario's piercing baby cry is so awful because it makes it so you don't want to gently caress up

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
I actually liked Yoshi's Story, and I'm certain that it's incredibly hosed up that I do.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Schnedwob posted:

I actually liked Yoshi's Story, and I'm certain that it's incredibly hosed up that I do.

yoshi's story is alright, but to go from one of the best games of all time to a 1 hour game that literally targeted babies was kind of upsetting

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Bobnumerotres posted:

yoshi's story is alright, but to go from one of the best games of all time to a 1 hour game that literally targeted babies was kind of upsetting

Yeah, don't get me wrong, it's absolute garbage. I think I like it because it was the first game I played with a really distinct visual style

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Yoshi's Island is amazing, and Yoshi's Island DS (YIDS) is so bad that I didn't even bother buying Yoshi's New Island. It does not look very good.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Yoshi's Island is amazing, and Yoshi's Island DS (YIDS) is so bad that I didn't even bother buying Yoshi's New Island. It does not look very good.

Word. Yoshi's Island DS is a Crime Against Gaming.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

RichardGamingo posted:

"No.
We wait.
Kill the baby."

Best Regards,
RG

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3701900&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post441778371 R.I.P., pouring a 40 out for gamingo

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Japan, Gaming-O means "Lord of Gaming."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Look at those dumb assholes not realizing the incredible gaming presence among them

• Locked thread