Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Thanks for the avatar man!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

FWIW, I rarely hear complaints about Mercedes automatics. Pretty bulletproof as long as you keep some form of fluid in it. You think when they were with Chrysler, they could have stole some of that technology.
Um, actually, they did. The 545RFE automatic in my '07 Dodge Ram is a Mercedes-derived unit. I can anecdotally confirm that it is quite nice and robust. Anyway, I could be wrong, but I think the 645RFE used with the current Hemis is in the same family (possibly the 45RFE too, but that may just be purely Mopar) as well. I'm fairly certain this isn't the only example as the 300 did, and may even still, ride on an old E class chassis.

Then Daimler-Benz cleaned out their piggy bank before Cerberus came to pick at the remains, but that's a whole other thread...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread