Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

bikesonyx posted:

Here are the e-mails:
Me: Hi I just had a few questions about the car, I am interested in driving it and taking care of her but it is semi drivable from (XXXX did you say your located?) to XXXX, or should a tow truck be the best way? I am a student and I can't afford to spend more then $500 but if you saw craigslist recently I'm selling a car too maybe a possible trade?
Him: Hello,I was told by my mechanic that the brake lines need to be replaced. To be safe a trailer or tow truck would be the best option. I am looking to make some space and so I am looking for a cash sale. If you're interested I'd be willing to accept $1100 cash for it.
Me: Ok in the current shape I can't pay $1100, due to the brake line
system being 100-300 to replace, and im sure that it can not be done at home due to the sitting of the vehicle in the weather. I still would like to buy the vehicle so could I have a day to think about it and maybe we could meet in the middle. I have a small garage at home and I am mechanically inclined to I would be right person if you would like to see this car stay alive. The current scrap value is around $400 so its not worth the metal to me I do really like and would be willing to care for the vehicle. Plus a tow would be $120 from XXXX tohere
Him: Hello, Is there a number I can contact you at to perhaps arrange a day and a time to view the car? Thank you.
Me Today: Hey Mike, I just wanted to e-mail you a make sure you didn't get cold feet. I have some early morning time open Sat/Sun until 10am, i'm only really available Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I would like to come sooner then later because I need a vehicle
Him: Hello Bikes, No worries, I was planning on calling either today or tomorrow and then I saw this e-mail. Wednesday next week would work as I have friends in town this weekend and so finding time between that would be a bit difficult. With regard to next week any time during the day would work well.

God, you're the rear end in a top hat on craigslist that everybody hates - opening up with a ridiculous lowball offer sight unseen.

That said, even $500 is too much for that car, it's likely swiss cheese, not to mention all the other things people have said about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread