Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

WoodrowSkillson posted:

paul rust has grown into one weird looking motherfucker

Yea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

WoodrowSkillson posted:

paul rust has grown into one weird looking motherfucker

And yet he still managed to make out with Hayden Penattiere in that medoicre movie based on a terribly lovely book.

I like Paul Rust, and I fear that movie did a lot of harm to his career.

Also, RIP Harris. He was one of my favorite contemporary comedians. He was great on Getting Doug With High, but now that's kind of sad.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Harris' sister wrote a eulogy and now I am crying like a giant baby.

https://medium.com/@stephaniewittelswachs/a-eulogy-for-harris-b73aae08b3e

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Just watched Aziz's new MSG special on Netflix and the first credit that rolls on screen is "Dedicated to the memory of Harris Wittels"

Made me real sad again

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Just watched Aziz's new MSG special on Netflix and the first credit that rolls on screen is "Dedicated to the memory of Harris Wittels"

Made me real sad again

On the other hand, it's the best special Aziz has done and it's great that he dedicated such a strong special to a great guy

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

cams posted:

Harris' sister wrote a eulogy and now I am crying like a giant baby.

https://medium.com/@stephaniewittelswachs/a-eulogy-for-harris-b73aae08b3e

Oh, drat :smith:

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
This still bums me out and there's a part of me that still hopes he faked his death like Jean-Ralphio.

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

It's infuriating but also kind of hilarious

This lacks the vitriol and desperation of the old WBC. They really skipped a beat when Pastor Phelps joined Hitler in heaven.

RIP Harris

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM2nnAUXIm8

Here's the only video I've been able to find of Harris doing stand-up.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Saw this at my hotel in London

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Best move it to the corner where it belongs.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Fly McCool posted:

This lacks the vitriol and desperation of the old WBC. They really skipped a beat when Pastor Phelps joined Hitler in heaven.

RIP Harris

Why does the WBC hate Harris anyway? I wouldnt think that he was a prominent enough celebrity to give a poo poo about him. 99.9% of people have no idea who the gently caress he even was. I mean, he was the best, he just seems like a weird target for a hate church. Was just wondering if he did something specific to piss them off.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

Why does the WBC hate Harris anyway? I wouldnt think that he was a prominent enough celebrity to give a poo poo about him. 99.9% of people have no idea who the gently caress he even was. I mean, he was the best, he just seems like a weird target for a hate church. Was just wondering if he did something specific to piss them off.

You didn't see him enabling all those fags?

But really they just latch onto anyone who's famous enough to get a headline when they die. Since the news picked up the story so did they.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Yeah, they probably didn't even know who Harris was until they saw the reports on his death.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I listened to both of his you made it weird episodes over the weekend. The first one was really weird with them discussing how odd it is when celebs die, the second where he describes rehab and going to the scientology place to try and impress a girl and scoring heroin was equally weird.

The podcast really lived up to it's title.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Jippa posted:

I listened to both of his you made it weird episodes over the weekend. The first one was really weird with them discussing how odd it is when celebs die, the second where he describes rehab and going to the scientology place to try and impress a girl and scoring heroin was equally weird.

The podcast really lived up to it's title.

Yeah, I relistened to the second one and it is so morbid to hear Harris talk about getting drugs and relapsing, and knowing that this path is gonna kill him in the next 3 months. The worst part was when he left the expensive rehab and decided to go back to drugs just because of his lower tolerance levels. Harris was a genius and sorry he's gone.

And late in the episode when Pete is spouting off Starbucks cup philosophy (I love Pete but his theological stuff is useless for serious problems), and I was hoping that Pete would just handcuff himself to Harris and make him live in a cabin for 6 months. Awkward and likely to set their careers back, but we'd still have Harris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
his stand up sucks

• Locked thread