Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I clicked this expecting a joke thread.

Why wasn't this a joke :smith:

quote:

Wittels performed stand-up Wednesday night at The Meltdown -- an L.A.comedy theater. During his set he talked about being clean and sober ... and said he was in a good place.

Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea this is weirdly hitting me harder than I expected. Maybe it's the heroin factor and the 'there but for the grace of god' aspect I always feel when that's brought up, or maybe it's because I like JUST listened to his You Made it Weird episode where he was so honest and open about his struggle or something, but this is kinda hitting me worse than 'a guy who wrote stuff I liked and did funny podcast things' 'should' be. I think I just have to listen to a bunch of his poo poo and watch some Parks and Rec or something.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I kinda can't think of a more fitting tribute than these loving lunatics thinking he's well known and important enough to call a fag enabler for a reaction.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Thoogsby posted:

The people who feel the need to make those arguments so consistently have had little contact with those issues in their lives that you kind of just have to roll your eyes and move on.

Pretty much, I'm ashamed to say it took me being a loving junkie to get past that block in my own mind. It's just really easy for a lot of people to view addiction as 'just fuckin stop, idiot' and if they've never suffered from it, or never been around someone with it, there's nothing really challenging it beyond internet arguments and poo poo.

• Locked thread