Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I used to think it was netstorm: islands at war
but then I found out there are private MP servers up and someone was/is working on a fan-remake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I like Duke Nukem Forever.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
all of them

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I was going to say skyward sword but I hope people don't irrationally hate that game in imp zone.

I was also going to say sonic heroes but someone already said that, wtf.

There are an awful lot of Prime 2 haters here so I guess I'll say that.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Skyward Sword Impa is very Spicy but what I seen of the game a lot of the times it looks like a weird budget game, in some ways, as far as the UI.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
XIII loving ruled but nobody even remembers it's a thing anymore.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Wormskull posted:

Skyward Sword Impa is very Spicy but what I seen of the game a lot of the times it looks like a weird budget game, in some ways, as far as the UI.

I turned the hud almost completely off because you can do that in SS. The whole world below the clouds is laid out like a dungeon and I'm a big fan of that.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jak 2

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

shallow gaemplay and the morphine mode is probably offensive but idk i just like this game

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Velvet Assassin has really good stealth. I'm a fan.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Dark Void.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

This game kicks rear end.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Lufia II; I still replay the ancient cave every once in awhile.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

I was going to say skyward sword but I hope people don't irrationally hate that game in imp zone.

I was also going to say sonic heroes but someone already said that, wtf.

There are an awful lot of Prime 2 haters here so I guess I'll say that.

I don't hate Skyward Sword for the most part, just parts of it were kinda lame, like note collecting. And they were clearly trying to do wind Waker in the sky but instead of populating the world with lots of unique mini-dungeons like the islands in WW, they filled it with random cubes that would just give you a heart piece or whatever.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

[becoming horny] Jak 3

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Oh and Rock of Ages. That is fun and the art style is really cool too.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bust-a-Move 4

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I don't hate Skyward Sword for the most part, just parts of it were kinda lame, like note collecting. And they were clearly trying to do wind Waker in the sky but instead of populating the world with lots of unique mini-dungeons like the islands in WW, they filled it with random cubes that would just give you a heart piece or whatever.

As much as I enjoy flying around on the doofbird, the "overworld" is not very good, yeah. I think that they focused on the ground areas and they turned out really great imo. Also all of the actual dungeons are phenomenal.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Earth 2150

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I liked Outpost

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

PantsBandit posted:

XIII loving ruled but nobody even remembers it's a thing anymore.

XIII was the poo poo, they even made a TV miniseries out of that comic. It had a fat Val Kilmer in it :unsmith:

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Ralp posted:

I liked Outpost

Which Outpost game? It seems like there were a couple with a name like that. And a couple similar-themed ones uh... Reunion and Maelstrom?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Lufia II; I still replay the ancient cave every once in awhile.

that game is really good and i don't know why people don't like it

you play max who is this adventure dude with a live in girlfriend who gets called to fight a goldfish causing earthquakes and sinistrals, dump your live in girlfriend for a hotter sorceress chick, knock her up, and leave on an adventure to save your son and then in the end you get loving murked like a bitch saving the world (iirc)

and the ancient cave is awesome. there's a rom with a patched ancient cave that also fixed the text on the equip screen bug

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I really like the battle music in Lufia 2 but I never gave the game more than a few hours of my time. I think I'll play it next time that I feel like a SNES rpg.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I like that game a lot.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
:cheers:

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i enjoyed the 3d gex games for ps1

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
Powerstone

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Aladdin game on the SNES

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

i think every single game i like has at least one other fan so im gonna have to sit this one out

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

you can make anything and do anything in minecraft. its won indie game of the year several times. why wouldnt I?

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crimson Harvest posted:

Which Outpost game? It seems like there were a couple with a name like that. And a couple similar-themed ones uh... Reunion and Maelstrom?

Yeah I thought of that after I posted. The SimCity-in-space one by Sierra from 1994 which was never even actually finished. I remember I returned a Christmas present for Best Buy credit and got that, Diablo 1, and a Sublime CD. I enjoyed all of them and I don't care who knows it.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Vampire Rain: Altered Feces (species)

Love this game.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i enjoyed the 3d gex games for ps1

I also did. They had some surreal areas, which I extremely dug

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

The Aladdin game on the SNES

that game was way better than the genesis one and i will knife fight anyone who says otherwise

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Yobgoblin posted:

Powerstone

i spent so many hours playing that game with my friends

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

NickRoweFillea posted:

Everyone around me didn't like it.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
theres this game called Styx: Master of Shadows which got bad reviews and nobody has ever heard of it but its prolly the best stealth game to come out in like the last year or two and I like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

powerstone is amazing. who doesn't like powerstone?

• Locked thread