Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

hello thread just a reminder you can get my iPad synth that has not one but -~*two*~- yos-themed color sets. the colors make it sound better of course

just made this patch yesterday:
https://vimeo.com/120956517

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

theflyingexecutive posted:

wait where's the cga color scheme?

in the 2.0 version that i'm finishing now. i rewrote the entire app. in this new version you'll actually be able to program it because the interface is 100% less awful

Tayter Swift posted:

can tc-data manipulate and pass through incoming midi messages? I had fun yesterday making three-note chords w my 20 and brute yesterday, setting the Oscs on the 20 a fifth apart and using MidiBridge to transpose notes sent to the brute up three or four notes depending on the chord, but I'll have to reconfigure the whole thing depending on the song key and its a pain in the rear end to do in midibridge

it can pass through midi messages, but it's not designed as a midi filter, just as a controller. so you could make a patch that generates notes that stay a fifth apart (and transpose with menu options or via some controller you choose), but not one that takes midi input and transposes it

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

oh niiiiiiiice, what's the eta?

really soon! i just submitted the .strings files for translation, and i'm building the new presets. but otherwise i'm done with the update and happy with the stability

i also need to make a few short videos to show off the new interface stuff, but thankfully video capture is waaaaay easier now that apple lets you grab via quicktime x

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

free update for everyone :)

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

w00t TC-11 2.0 released

http://www.bitshapesoftware.com/instruments/tc-11/

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

here is the video where i pretend to be a lead guitarist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuEOGJrNnrQ

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Mr. Glass posted:

omg the little plastic spaceships that pittsburgh modular puts in their boxes :3:

really tempted to put in for a rack or two of pittsburgh stuff. word is they are the tits

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Mr. Glass posted:

modular status: lots of robot farts and obnoxious buzzes, no "music" per se yet

lol "music"

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Trig Discipline posted:

hmmmmm

think i may have to give this sucker a shot tomorrow or smth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19orQSxbc6Q

not only should this have been available via coremidi already, but it's only a matter of time before the core audio team at apple releases their half-assed version of it

see also: inter-app audio, bluetooth midi

such is the circle of improvement on ios

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

yeah we got an old ms-20. the table we keep it on is pretty nice, too

Only registered members can see post attachments!

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

I went to a show where one of the "bands" was two people who soldered a live playing circuit on top of an overhead projector. it almost resembled music :shobon:

same and it blew the roof of the place when they finally made it go EERRRRRZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Sizone posted:

nah, that's a double click

nah, that's double tap

tap+hold is def the right click of touchscreens

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

fuckin zappa writing music teenagers would like but he was not a teen. he was not a teen

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

also the organ solo from peaches en regalia is still the first thing i play when sitting down at a keyboard

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

hey go download my free synth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EMYbKWt1z8

go go go go go

lord funk fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jun 20, 2015

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

echinopsis posted:

requires ios8?

yeah new apps from me will probably always require the latest os. but adoption rate is so loving fast that no one cares after 2 months

also

Trig Discipline posted:

and a color screen!

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Mr. Glass posted:

does anyone have opinions on (digital) stage pianos? i want a piano that feels & sounds passable but i don't want to have to deal with moving a real piano or the maintenance involved. a stage piano would also give me the benefit of being a pretty decent midi controller as well

i was looking at the nord piano 2, which sounds pretty drat good to my ear but there aren't any retailers near me so i cant go and try one out myself

for feel the yamaha cp-33 is excellent. small bank of sounds, though

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

Granbar posted:

a lot of iOS synths look p cool, but do any of u actually use them in tracks? or just for loving around with?

a guy wrote a concerto for tc-11 and orchestra, which was pretty cool. and i've seen rock groups play with it on stage.

everyone has a different approach to incorporating their gear into their music. personally i've always made a point to create something with software that i buy. like, i can go all the way back to mac os 8 and point to pieces / songs / performances for all the apps i bought.

and then there are people that will always be one more piece of gear away from 'being able to' make the music they want. i strongly advise not being one of those

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

hey go get my sick filthy nasty multitouch synth

version 3.0 update released this morning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zrnAJq8j-U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

hahahahaha look at this garbage

• Locked thread