Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Do red panda have to eat red things to be red like flamingos or are they naturally pigmented?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Silver Alicorn posted:

I've got more panda pics than I know what to do with, really

Post them, obviously.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Rexxed posted:

Two pandas enter, two pandas squeak. Beyond Pandadome?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBJHbr4kJeg

They looked like a high five contest to me.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It is but I think they'd eat an actual pumpkin, which, while adorable, isn't very haloweeny.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Rexxed posted:

Red Panda is aware of you?

Oh my god I didn't know they could do that with their ears, so cute! :3:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Red pandas can't melt steel dreams, silly! :parrot:

Of course they can. in your heart :swoon:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Wait, do red panda try to eat birbs?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oh, that's okay then. At least they can digest birb then, unlike the giant useless panda.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

"Hello fellow Red Panda, as you can see, I am unarmed."

"As am I!"

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Aww yeah an egg full of grapes or maybe apple slices, that'd be the greatest for our crimson panda friends.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Danaru posted:

Oh yeah, there was a red panda name Tilly in, I wanna say London, who the keepers found out loved specifically pigeon heads :v: Despite how goofy they are, they're still omnivores.

At least they still can eat meat. Giant Pandas evolved themselves out of that, cementing their status as Nature's Dumbest Still Living Animal.

Also congratulations Gin! Looking forward to Red Panda cub pics and video when they get big enough to be seen by the public :3:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Rexxed posted:

Some red pandas seem to like pets, but only kind of. I don't know if skinship is a google translated portmanteau of skin and kinship or what, but it's kind of a neat term:
Skinship [Kobe Oji Zoo] of the keeper's and the Red Panda Red Panda and the keeper's physical contact.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wnq64klD5M

Skinship is a Japanese term for familial skin contact, yeah.

That said, I want to pet a red panda sooo much.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It's a polecat, literally.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I don't post in this thread much but I always appreciate red pandas :3:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I love Marumi :3:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Silver Alicorn posted:

Red panda by PatrickHarperCR2, on Flickr

red panda podium

We demand more apples!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

From what I understand they actually saw a bug that you can't because of the camera angle.

Of course, even if you believe that it's still a hilarious reaction.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Danaru posted:

This picture is so dang fluffy

I want this guy's job.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Baby!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Poor Hokuto :(

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I have to look at it in the awful app so it doesn't load all the videos at once.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I don't think apples are actually a staple of the red panda's diet, they just love to eat them because they taste good. Yeah wikipedia says they're a sometimes food, they eat them when they find them. At least they have a more varied diet than Giant Pandas, who eat the nutritional equivalent of garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah I love red pandas, even in captivity they seem so cute and interested in life. Also they have the most ridiculous threat response of any animal.