Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

computer parts posted:

That would go perfectly in the University of Texas campus.

The University of Texas stadium should just be a recreation of the walls during the battle of the Alamo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The University of Texas should play IN the Alamo.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

The LA Times had a little slideshow of the current proposed stadiums, and also included a drawing of a proposed Carson stadium from the 90s:

Look at that loving thing, it amazing
Well the Raiders were supposedly originally going to be called Seņors, they should've just used this one again.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
It's a pity that stadium couldn't be built since there isn't any way to incorporate the huge block of luxury boxes that every stadium needs to have.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
That stadium is great. Really like the huge football player statues.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

shyduck posted:

The University of Texas should play IN the Alamo.

be a fucker of a drive all the way to san antonio to get there every saturday

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
It looks like a mission twist on the Spectrum (or whatever that mall East of the highway is just south of LA).

This is not a good thing.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

The Glumslinger posted:

The LA Times had a little slideshow of the current proposed stadiums, and also included a drawing of a proposed Carson stadium from the 90s:

Oh my god yes please

Spanish Missions are awesome and a full blown stadium of it would be the greatest thing.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

computer parts posted:

That would go perfectly in a Texas high school district.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Adun posted:

Anything is better than Manhattan, land of the mythical $12 Bud Light bottle.

Man, I was in Central Manhattan for a conference and didn't pay that much.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

The Glumslinger posted:

It's too bad the Padres are already a team that is horrible because this is where a team called the Padres should play

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

pathetic little tramp posted:

It's too bad the Padres are already a team that is horrible because this is where a team called the Padres should play

The stadium they actually play in might be the nicest one in the country, it is a tremendous waste.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

MourningView posted:

The stadium they actually play in might be the nicest one in the country, it is a tremendous waste.

The Royals used to have that designation!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

MourningView posted:

They might be ok this year, unfortunately

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Alouicious posted:

be a fucker of a drive all the way to san antonio to get there every saturday
Drive? Try stagecoaches :colbert:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

The Glumslinger posted:

Looks like an NFL Blitz themed stadium.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

AsInHowe posted:

Looks like an NFL Blitz themed stadium.

Needs a sand covered field with mines all over it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrb0bc3C0kY

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
How much of a cash cow is a stadium in LA? According to this LA Times piece AEG paid $27 million for just the environmental study for a stadium that's probably not going to happen.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

The Glumslinger posted:

gently caress me, it's like a mission and the colosseum had a beautiful baby. I'm one of the biggest haters of Socal around, and I have to admit that'd be the best stadium in the league, possibly the world.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Zeitgueist posted:

How much of a cash cow is a stadium in LA? According to this LA Times piece AEG paid $27 million for just the environmental study for a stadium that's probably not going to happen.

That's not that much if you think about it. CA has a shitton of regulations that need to be covered in EIS documentation as is, but LA is also incredibly expensive to develop in and incredibly sensitive to a lot of environmental things. Anything that is going to use a lot of land and cause a lot of traffic is going to require hydrodynamic/atmospheric/transportation/etc. modeling. You can also throw a lot of money (which they're obviously doing) to cover every aspect in order to streamline the EIS process. They'd probably be losing money in the long run if they didn't rush the approval and ground breaking. 27m is peanuts even over 10 years of stadium activities (or even the construction costs).

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Can you assholes just move to LA already, I'd like my 49ers to be out of the news, tia.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
And AEG has officially ended all work on Farmer's Field, so now the only two active stadium proposals are the Inglewood and Carson ones

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Can you assholes just move to LA already, I'd like my 49ers to be out of the news, tia.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

The Glumslinger posted:

And AEG has officially ended all work on Farmer's Field, so now the only two active stadium proposals are the Inglewood and Carson ones

It's been dead in the water for a while. I work for Farmers and we had a state of the company simulcast. Someone asked about Farmers Field in light of the LA news and it was like a Jim Tomsula press conference. You could tell they knew it was dead but couldn't say it.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
the big football player statues are Bad, but a stadium that isn't just glass and silver metal is Good

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

football fuckerman posted:

the big football player statues are Bad, but a stadium that isn't just glass and silver metal is Good

Disagree on both

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Came across this while looking into SD/OAK stadium poo poo, http://football.ballparks.com/NFL/SanDiegoChargers/newindex.htm

Reminds me of Qualcomm. :v:

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Tzen posted:

Came across this while looking into SD/OAK stadium poo poo, http://football.ballparks.com/NFL/SanDiegoChargers/newindex.htm

Like any new stadium is going to be built with less than 50% of the space being taken up by luxury suites.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Ron Jeremy posted:

Like any new stadium is going to be built with less than 50% of the space being taken up by luxury suites.

Which means it will need to be replaced 50% sooner :v:

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Tzen posted:

Looks a lot like CenturyLink, although most new open air stadiums are starting to look the same.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

Move the Raiders of Chargers to any city big city in the southwestern US and build that thing. It is loving glorious.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I'd go for a football stadium that's done up to look like the actual Roman Colisseum. Would own and also just completely troll the "football is too violent, American is going down the terlit, mnyaaaaaah" people.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chilichimp posted:

I'd go for a football stadium that's done up to look like the actual Roman Colisseum. Would own and also just completely troll the "football is too violent, American is going down the terlit, mnyaaaaaah" people.

Build the stadium out of marble, and instead of the black eyed peas, throw on hans zimmer in between plays. Legit want a roman themed team now.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Volkerball posted:

Build the stadium out of marble, and instead of the black eyed peas, throw on hans zimmer in between plays. Legit want a roman themed team now.

Break out the Tom Heddon, it's a loving run play!

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

Who cares about the structure, as long as we're getting lions and Christians at halftime.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ron Jeremy posted:

Who cares about the structure, as long as we're getting lions and Christians at halftime.

I'm just going to go ahead and assume this is a grudge match between Donkeykong Suh and Hayden Christensen.

edit: just to be clear, by grudge match, I mean Suh dressed like Darth Vader re-enacting all of the things he's been fined for on Hayden Christensen.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Downtown LA plan officially abandoned

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-nfl-stadium-aeg-20150310-story.html#page=1

RIP Final Fantasy shoulder plate stadium

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ron Jeremy posted:

So a 2013 Detroit - Minnesota game then?

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Spoeank posted:

It's been dead in the water for a while. I work for Farmers and we had a state of the company simulcast. Someone asked about Farmers Field in light of the LA news and it was like a Jim Tomsula press conference. You could tell they knew it was dead but couldn't say it.

I thought it was dead too, which is why I was surprised they trotted out the Terror Target: INGLEWOOD crap, days before they dropped it altogether.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The San Diego stadium advisory group has narrowed their efforts to focus on the Qualcomm site rather than downtown. A funding plan will be put together by late May.

The Chargers representative in attendance at the announcement of this today? Shawne Merriman. Still love you, Lights Out.

• Locked thread