Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I love my kindle it's a real good thing to have if you like to read and don't just buy books to put on a shelf to show off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
also vodkat is a loving narc

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I've dropped my keyboard kindle on the hard floor twice and it's still fine so that's also a plus

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Citizen Tayne posted:

I bought a Kindle Touch in, I think, late 2011. I've read ~25 books on it. It's paid for itself.

I've read a shitload of books on my keyboard kindle, like at least 80 or 90, if you turn wireless off when you don't need it you only gotta charge the loving thing once a month

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Citizen Tayne posted:

As much as I like eink, I do not enjoy the kindle experience. I would rather read a real book. I'd rather display a real book. I don't know.

I enjoy the kindle experience, my kindle is fuckin organized like mad. I read too much so I can't have that horder poo poo going

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

bump_fn posted:

i tried to read a book on the kindle app on my phone but apparently only a free preview was available and theres no obvious way to purchase the books. thanks

it's easy as gently caress to order a book or send a preview to an actual kindle

plus there's no DRM so you can pirate books if you want the used bookstore experience

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

bump_fn posted:

from the phone app theres no obvious way to buy the book. it told me i could ad it to my wishlist but thats it.

I can browse poo poo on amazon then send a sample to my kindle, and if I like the sample I can instantly buy it on my kindle and it downloads in like 2 seconds and poo poo is usually like 10 bucks

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
honestly through I usually pirate poo poo if they charge more than 10 bucks, because gently caress paying hardcover prices for a digital version

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

bump_fn posted:

i don't have a kindle anymore but reading books on my phone seemed easy. i could prob buy the book on the website but its dumb as gently caress that there isn't a "buy this book" button in the Kindle Branded App

sounds like a personal problem man dunno how you could want to read anything for an extended period on a phone or non eink tablet

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

bump_fn posted:

My Kindle Was Stolen trademeark lovely yosposter too stupid to live in a non poor neighboorhood

kid I'm poor as gently caress and nobody steals my poo poo

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
why you think I got a kindle instead of giant bookshelves you should be more responsible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
reading is really cool and good I don't even hate twilight or 50 shades of grey because it got people reading

• Locked thread