Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i tried the demo for the new game and it seems right up my alley. is the first one worth finding or should i just skip it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Second one is the first one with all DLC included and a bunch more poo poo so there's no reason to buy the first one.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Cheers.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i liek this. cant handle extreme scores tho.. yet..

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I'm glad the shopping cart in Theatrhythm is as bad as it is because I'd be tempted to buy more songs if it didn't take longer to buy a song than get an SS/SSS on it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it's a good game with lots of songs. I don't think I've played them all yet even after like 50 hours with the game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

it's a good game with lots of songs. I don't think I've played them all yet even after like 50 hours with the game

i kept playing quests and it seriously took me forever to even randomly get any song from ff9, theres so many

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i kept playing quests and it seriously took me forever to even randomly get any song from ff9, theres so many

i did quests for a while trying to unlock everyone but it got to the point where i need like 10 specific crystals and no quests that have them so now I just play the same like 20 songs I have saved to the favorites list.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My team is FFXIII Lightning, LR Lightning, FFX Yuna and FFX-2 Yuna, and they're all prestige 7 or something

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

can u level up everyone to MAX by just using them?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yes. When they hit lvl 99 you can reset them, which raises the cap on their AP, which lets you put more special moves on them. It's fairly pointless because the only thing that the stats affect are like, how many monsters you kill in the background during a song, but it's a neat hook

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

also there are apparently ways to min/max the game so that you build an insanely defensive party and you can clear songs without hitting a single note

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i got curtain call a few weeks ago and i really have to say it gets better and better but boy are the hard songs on hard really hard

but sometimes the maps have boring rear end songs and that's not fun

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
is hatsune miku basically this without leveling and item mechanics because i guess i get it then

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bet this is cool but id love another gitaroo man. Rhythm games own though

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

frank.club posted:

I bet this is cool but id love another gitaroo man. Rhythm games own though

sanbone trio is one of my favorite rhythm game songs ever

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doctor Goat posted:

sanbone trio is one of my favorite rhythm game songs ever

I still jam to the ost now and then

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

hubris.height posted:

is hatsune miku basically this without leveling and item mechanics because i guess i get it then

the thing the event songs have where you nail a section and it makes the video longer is directly taken from the project diva games haha

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i got this game

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm highly considering buying a 3DS just for this game.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

seiferguy posted:

There are lots of other good games for the 3DS too. It is a solid investment these days

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

NickRoweFillea posted:

There are lots of other good games for the 3DS too. It is a solid investment these days

Yeah. I haven't had a DS since 2010 when mine got stolen :( lots of games to catch up on.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

seiferguy posted:

maybe don't get one JUST for this game.. check out the OFFICIAL Epic Win 3DS Games List in the Universe somewhere in this forum

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

maybe don't get one JUST for this game.. check out the OFFICIAL Epic Win 3DS Games List in the Universe somewhere in this forum

There's plenty of games I want: Link Between Worlds, Majora's Mask, SM3DL, MK7, maybe the new Monster Hunter game, and any games I missed on the original DS from 2010 and on. I have games I want to play, I just need to actually go buy the system.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
i bought this today for 14 bucks. im left handed, will this gently caress me over? i havent opened it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Simoom posted:

i bought this today for 14 bucks. im left handed, will this gently caress me over? i havent opened it.

no

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

theres multiple different control schemes including a one handed mode you only use your left hand on

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

unfortunately it seems they didnt add three minutes clapping, but it's good that square hasn't completely forgotten about TWEWY

They probably won't, that was only in the US version of twewy

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
The implication that your current partner always picked your battle playlist was cool

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
Does this game have a epic multi-hour plot about how the power of friendship and crystals can be employed to murder gods and woodland animals for fun and profit, or is it more like "hey remember all these characters and songs, well here's a rhythm game"?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

the latter

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
Even if it were the former, it would still be fantastic. wow.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Okay good, if I want power of friendship, I'll probably get that persona X some sRPG game for the 3DS.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
the quest mode is a cool way of unlocking stuff + getting you to play/pick songs you wouldn't otherwise pick. if it wasn't for quest mode i would have forgotten all the post ffviii good music that happened.

you can make up your own story for quest mode if you really want to live out the former

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

StoryTime posted:

Does this game have a epic multi-hour plot about how the power of friendship and crystals can be employed to murder gods and woodland animals for fun and profit, or is it more like "hey remember all these characters and songs, well here's a rhythm game"?

after you play a certain number of songs the game forces to you play a song fighting a big evil boss and then theres credits and thats the entire story

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

This is really fun. But I have to admit, every time that drat chocobo turns up to mock my efforts with his lame-rear end kick, I feel hatred in my heart.

Where the hell is bahamut, bird? Just couldn't be bothered this time, huh?

Kweh!?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i haven't gotten below an S rank yet :hehe:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i haven't gotten below an S rank yet :hehe:

What difficulty? Getting any SSS or All Criticals? very satisfying getting good scores in rhythm games

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

What difficulty? Getting any SSS or All Criticals? very satisfying getting good scores in rhythm games

i've gotten a handful of perfect runs ranging from easy to expert mode, and a ton of perfect chain runs :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i've gotten a handful of perfect runs ranging from easy to expert mode, and a ton of perfect chain runs :D

:cheers:

• Locked thread