Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

You're right, I guess I'll try it. I never noticed both because I'm dumb and the eshop sucks

You didn't notice because you didn't even bother to check, Jim Silly-Balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Kupo diem

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/theatrh...QNnIy9bJIZaKGyQ

it's 11.99 at best buy online right now if you enjoyed the demo and want to take the cheap rear end plunge

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

NickRoweFillea posted:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/theatrh...QNnIy9bJIZaKGyQ

it's 11.99 at best buy online right now if you enjoyed the demo and want to take the cheap rear end plunge
uhhh dont buy that version
only get curtain call which is $20 at BB/amazon today because it has a bazillion more songs and support for future dlc

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

JazzFlight posted:

uhhh dont buy that version
only get curtain call which is $20 at BB/amazon today because it has a bazillion more songs and support for future dlc

oh fudge i thought it was curtain call. sorry please don't buy that

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

You didn't notice because you didn't even bother to check, Jim Silly-Balls.

You are also correct

I tried the demo and I'm not into it :meh:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
That's a shame, but understandable.

In other news, everyone take this survey and tell SE to ask other developers to make Theatrhythm games for their franchises. I'd definitely play Mega Man or Mother/Earthbound Theatrhythm.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I'm stuck in this limbo where Expert level isn't particularly difficult but I can't beat Ultimate level.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Same here. Then again, I'm still not at the point where I can all-crit an Expert song (though I can get close), though I can at least usually beat an Ultimate song (if poorly).

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

nut up and play ultimate songs until you get good

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
bought every chrono trigger song, square-enix have my balls

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
the main prob i had with the first one was that out of all the rpg elements they could have brought in, they brought in grindfests; i felt like i was playing the same song over and over and in fact on that dark notes thing i was and eventually i got sick of it

does curtain call fix this problem? and is it more challenging because i felt the first one was kinda easy

also i really want a real ff-branded rpg where all the battles are rhythm games

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Argue posted:

the main prob i had with the first one was that out of all the rpg elements they could have brought in, they brought in grindfests; i felt like i was playing the same song over and over and in fact on that dark notes thing i was and eventually i got sick of it

does curtain call fix this problem? and is it more challenging because i felt the first one was kinda easy

curtain call completely replaces dark notes with a quest system that can include any song including any dlc you buy, so its just a fancy way of playing a set of random songs

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
I've never cared about final fantasy, video game music or rhythm games in my entire life, ever. this game makes me regret what i've been missing out on all this time.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Final batch of second round of DLC.

pre:
SONG					TYPE	ORIGINAL GAME
REAL EMOTION				BMS	FINAL FANTASY X-2
STRUGGLE TO THE DEATH			BMS	FINAL FANTASY LEGEND II
DEVIL LORD CONFRONTATION II		BMS	ROMANCING SAGA 3
BOSS BATTLE 2				BMS	CHRONO TRIGGER
CORRIDORS OF TIME			FMS	CHRONO TRIGGER
MERIDIAN CHILD				FMS	SEIKEN DENSETSU 3
SHADOWLORD				BMS	NIER
BIRDS IN THE SKY, FISH IN THE RIVER	FMS	LIVE A LIVE
Struggle to the Death and Devil Lord Confrontation II are also free for the rest of the month as far as I know.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
chrono trigger music added is awesome

any idea how much it is?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i think each song has been a dollar so far but it could be like 1.50. I forget

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Boss Battle 2 seems like it would be super fun.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Is Boss Battle 2 the music that plays when you fight Masa & Mune? If so that song owns

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

This game is coming in the mail on Monday

I'm gonna put $20 on my eshop account and just go hog wild

Herr Shitlord
May 2, 2008

I feel so much butter!
sometimes i just sit for hours trying to perfect my all perfect, perfect-chain technique for "battle on the big bridge." somehow, it is always exhilarating :madmax:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

my party is rikku, rydia, locke and barrett. team babes 'n' bros

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

trying to remember how to spell theatrhythm so I can google things about it is the worst thing in my life

why do they have DLC for characters already in the game when they don't have like

Tellah
Edward
Sabin
Cyan
Setzer
Shadow
Mog
Wakka

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they should put in chronotrigger characters too if they're just gonna go ahead and lump that in

Argue posted:

yeah they should make a spinoff series where it's just like a normal ff game but the battles are all rhythm based. FF Type-♫

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

epitasis posted:

trying to remember how to spell theatrhythm so I can google things about it is the worst thing in my life

why do they have DLC for characters already in the game when they don't have like

Tellah
Edward
Sabin
Cyan
Setzer
Shadow
Mog
Wakka

the at rhythm

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

im sad the non-ff games just get a "Square Enix" page on the song list and theres not like a chrono trigger page and a nier page etc

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

they should add more TWEWY songs

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Apparently the best party to run for BMS fights is Cloud at lead (to summon Knights of the Round), Paine, Auron, and Zack. The best character if you're going for distance on an FMS is Zidane, but if you want lots of items, use Rikku, Locke, Y'shtola and Serah.

Dr Pepper posted:

I'm stuck in this limbo where Expert level isn't particularly difficult but I can't beat Ultimate level.

I feel you, man. It's such a jump from expert to ultimate.

Herr Shitlord
May 2, 2008

I feel so much butter!
Oh thank god, I've been waiting all this time for Real Emotion to be released as DLC and it's finally a reality :swoon:

edit when are we going to get Krile though, hmmmmmmm Square-Enix??

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I keep getting errors when trying to download the DLC. But yeah, I want Real Emotion too. I wanna feel like a J-pop star.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Since SquareEnix owns pretty much every franchise of my childhood, I want some Ogre Battle and Lufia songs in there too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

they should add more TWEWY songs

• Locked thread