Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Now that I think about it I realized I forgot how White died? Was she always sickly or did it have to deal with the event a few year ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Alder posted:

Now that I think about it I realized I forgot how White died? Was she always sickly or did it have to deal with the event a few year ago?

I think the forcefield around keeping her heart intact gave out or something? I could've sworn she was alive at the end of the previous episode.

Quad Cape
Dec 24, 2012
Wasnt white a ghost the whole time? I thought that mc was the only one who could see her.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Quad Cape posted:

Wasnt white a ghost the whole time? I thought that mc was the only one who could see her. She stuck around as a ghost due the magical force field thing .

Nah, that was just something she said to gently caress with Leo. Black even mentions at one point that she really should stop saying that to people. Besides, if that was the case Leo would need his eyes open just to see her.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think the forcefield around keeping her heart intact gave out or something? I could've sworn she was alive at the end of the previous episode.

Eh, I see. I re-watched ep 11 and I realized I may have missed something since at the hospital other people would interact with her.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

jesus christ that episode is poo poo. i'm sure you could cobble a coherent theme out of it, but why bother when the anime did such a poo poo job of bringing it home? one of the most infuriating things to me is the sheer number of people saying they didn't understand what was going on in the episode, but they loved it anyway because of the music and animation

also, how the hell was michella reading a letter when she can't see?

Condiv fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Oct 10, 2015

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Yeah, the whole finale was just things happening because of other things with no real explanation as to why or how those things were related. Not to mention the core cast was barely involved.

Regarding the framing letter, I recall some people asking about that during the first episode but I feel at least this episode explained it. Leo's writing for his own sake to get his thoughts down on paper. As for how Michella's reading it, the implication seems to be she's not blind in the traditional sense but has some means of knowing what the letter says anyway.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bad Seafood posted:

Yeah, the whole finale was just things happening because of other things with no real explanation as to why or how those things were related. Not to mention the core cast was barely involved.

Regarding the framing letter, I recall some people asking about that during the first episode but I feel at least this episode explained it. Leo's writing for his own sake to get his thoughts down on paper. As for how Michella's reading it, the implication seems to be she's not blind in the traditional sense but has some means of knowing what the letter says anyway.

Its also possible someone read it to her earlier and its just nice holding something her brother sent her.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Well then, can we hope for another season (except, you know, REAL loving PLOT this time around?)

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Grouchio posted:

Well then, can we hope for another season (except, you know, REAL loving PLOT this time around?)

Probably not but I can dream.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I'd watch more of this show. More manga stuff, though.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I just want more manga volumes to come out.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

RIP Blood Blockade Battlefront, Drifters...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bad Seafood posted:

RIP Blood Blockade Battlefront, Drifters...

Well we might get more of the manga with the anime actually finished now. It was being Simuldubbed, after all, so finishing the job and knocking out a DVD fatpack might be enough reason to do volumes 8 and 9.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Saw the finale. Was OK, kinda sums up my thoughts on the show in as a whole; occasionally really loving cool, but I mostly didn't really get it. Shrug. Great music, tho.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
tbh i was much happier with the funky episodic adventures than i was with the overarching plot, because the best parts of this show was when it really cut loose and channeled its energy into entertaining sequences

basically I was most hype for this show when I thought it was going to be space dandy in new york city

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
Last episode was kind of a total mess, but it's not like it got pushed back for months because the writing and production was going smoothly so fair enough can't blame them for just pushing out whatever they could salvage in the end. Honestly the only thing I ever actually liked about the White/Blank storyline was White, and that remained true to the very end, I don't have much else to say about it.

The whole thing always felt really out of place after reading the manga though, the wacky episodic stuff is the manga pretty much, the whole original storyline didn't fit in very well and the show would almost certainly have been better off not going there in the first place.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Gyra_Solune posted:

basically I was most hype for this show when I thought it was going to be space dandy in new york city

Yeah, same. The Neji amd fight club eps were legit brilliant, so I gotta give BBB that.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pootybutt posted:

Yeah, same. The Neji amd fight club eps were legit brilliant, so I gotta give BBB that.

The fight club episode is great, but it cleanly whiffs one of the key story beats. Zap talking about Klaus really getting into it isnt meant to be idle amusement, its meant to be quiet moment of "oh poo poo, he's actually getting into this :suspense:." Klaus is basically of those characters that's going to be nice and polite to a fault, right up to the moment they arent.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Still sad we never got an adaptation of the chapter where Zap gets high on demon weed and his witch girlfriend forces him to track down her lost cat under penalty of having his junk explode while Chain drinks some underworld executive under the table.

Meanwhile, across town, Stephen decides to host a classy dinner party for a few of his friends.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

Still sad we never got an adaptation of the chapter where Zap gets high on demon weed and his witch girlfriend forces him to track down her lost cat under penalty of having his junk explode while Chain drinks some underworld executive under the table.

Meanwhile, across town, Stephen decides to host a classy dinner party for a few of his friends.

Probably for the best, I'm sure all the good jokes would have been squashed for more original plot.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

BBB really didn't need an overarching plot.

Should've just given everybody an episode to shine, Cowboy Bebop-style, then wrapped it up with a good ol' fashioned self-contained two-parter where some new threat engulfs the city and everybody has to work together to take it down.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bad Seafood posted:

BBB really didn't need an overarching plot.

Should've just given everybody an episode to shine, Cowboy Bebop-style, then wrapped it up with a good ol' fashioned self-contained two-parter where some new threat engulfs the city and everybody has to work together to take it down.

They really could've just moved taking down the Elder Vampire to the end of the series and stuck Zed in it as a finale. That way it could've gotten the two-parter the story badly needed.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

I agree with everyone's sentiment that the anime totally squandered itself by trying to create the overarching plot that really didn't make all that much sense, and was pretty boring to boot. Should've just made every episode a one shot story with the occasional two parter for longer stories. Oh what could've been...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Optimus Subprime posted:

I agree with everyone's sentiment that the anime totally squandered itself by trying to create the overarching plot that really didn't make all that much sense, and was pretty boring to boot. Should've just made every episode a one shot story with the occasional two parter for longer stories. Oh what could've been...

It's kinda fascinating watching the opinion swing on the anime-exclusive stuff. It probably doesn't seem that bad until you read/have read the manga, then it becomes blindingly apparent why half the thread didn't like it (White aside, her little end-episode vignettes with Leo were actually pretty good).

The finale's also now up on AnimeLab if any Aussies are still waiting to watch it.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
wasn't a great ending. wasn't terrible either. don't really regret watching the anime. sad it was not truer to the manga. that is my opinion on Blood Blockade Battlefront

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Gyra_Solune posted:

tbh i was much happier with the funky episodic adventures than i was with the overarching plot, because the best parts of this show was when it really cut loose and channeled its energy into entertaining sequences

p much. i don't care if some things are confusing in an episodic series cause you really can't expect everything to be explained at all times, but when it comes to some weird dumb plot you're trying to build you don't want the conclusion to be confusing and nonsensical

Condiv fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Oct 11, 2015

• Locked thread