Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Captain Mog posted:

I think I just don't "get" Fanfiction myself, especially the ones which take the characters are create a whole new story. Why not just, I don't know, write your own? Do you really need to have Harry Potter in your space opera about aliens? Just change the name or something.

People like writing stories + people are bad at making interesting characters + there's an abundance of interesting characters in existing works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Violet_Sky posted:

Why is it called Dante's Inferno instead of The Divine Comedy?

Because Inferno is the first volume, there's also Purgatorio and Paradiso.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

YggiDee posted:

The book collections are kind of hilarious to look at, because you've got three kinda thin novels, one that seems about "normal" width, and then three goddamn doorstoppers. Come to think of it, I should read those again. I haven't read the last two since they were released.

The 6th book is actually really interesting if you like Voldemort backstory. It's probably the most changed when it went to film too.

Also it's shorter than the 4th book actually. The 5th book is by far the longest.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

It took me a minute to really understand what that is, but my reactions are A) That's really dumb and B) why do I care if a simulated version of me is tortured.