Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

prussian advisor posted:

I'll also add that, for better or worse, juries don't really have the blind trust for officer testimony that they did in the past. It's less that cops are seen as liars (with the exception of college libertarian types, which is the only group of people I will strike from a jury pool literally 100% of the time) as they are seen as lazy and incompetent.

Has there ever been a defence attorney who uses the strategy of pointing out that there's always a reasonably doubt that his client accused of possession was framed by police, since there's so much testimony like this? I imagine that juries declining to convict on any drug charges because the police fake evidence so much is something that would at least take that tool away from police officers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread