Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prof. Faggot
May 4, 2006

Working intently on advanced Faggo-dynamics
Wow, though I'm not horribly surprised. Two things struck as me as kind of weird about the interview, though:

quote:

It is not something we advertise because we have some supervisors that are angels and don’t have what it takes to do the job. Besides, we don’t brag about what we do because you don’t want those rumors out there.

... so why the heck is he giving this interview? I guess he's had a change of heart, though the interviewer doesn't ask anything about his motivations (which would be really interesting to hear!).

The lead-in to the interview is fairly misleading, in my opinion:

quote:

One of our editors stumbled across a web site where local law enforcement deputies are free to post, and do so with 100% anonymity. In this web site, they exchange tactical information, procedural tips and methods to use to gain compliance of subjects or to arrest them for being difficult.

If you visit the link they give to the "Tricks of the trade" thread that prompted the interview, though, you find that site in question bills itself as "PBSOTalk.com -- Exposing the Culture of Corruption under Sheriff Ric Bradshaw - Anyone can post completely anonymously!"

So it sounds to me less like a general forum for cops to exchange tactical information and procedural tips than a political activism forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread