Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Jakcson posted:

So it's basically this kind of test?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_eSwq1ewsU

More like this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cSFyZOfy6U&t=188s

Supposedly, the SS used to raise German Shepards from puppy to grown dog as part of their training and killing them. It started getting attributed to almost every special forces unit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Maxwell Lord posted:

Come to think of it, would anyone be left who could launch what nukes they had? I know "launch codes" are kinda bullshit but pretty much anyone who could authorize a strike would be dead.

Russia has Deadhand or whatever it's called still active. It's whole idea is that that the system initiates launches if there's no one left to stop it. The U.S. has a similar system that relays a message to it's ballistic subs but that's been offline since the 1990s (it's famously used in the WW3 thriller By Dawn's Early Light)

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Harime Nui posted:

He licks goats, in fact.

quote:

Rolling Stone: He still lives in Glasgow, is there a chance of bumping into him?
Grant Morrison: There's a very good chance of running into him, and I hope I'm going 100 miles an hour when it happens.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Millar is great at concept, but he absolutely hate hate hates the idea of heroism. He can't comprehend that anybody would feel the slightest hint of altruism ever.

Also, he uses the same John Campbellian plot device of "you are a master assassin/spy/wizard Harry" repeatedly. When I found out that it was a Millar property, I could really see that the concept for Kingsman was pretty much the same as Wanted, except Millar swapped out the son of Deadshot with the son of James Bond. I really want to think GMo's The Filth was probably an answer to Millar's Wanted and Kingsman, even though it actually predates them by a few years.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Wanderer posted:

The more I think about this movie, after seeing it last night, the more I'm interested in using its premise for a disaster movie than I am in Kingsman itself.

One day, out of nowhere, for about five minutes, everyone within ten meters of a cell phone is driven to kill everyone else they see; at almost the same time, most of the political and financial leaders of the world are killed at once because they participated in the wrong global conspiracy. It's a bit like Stephen King's The Cell, yeah, but you could tell a lot of stories with that.

I was thinking that this would be a much more insidious plot for Skynet to get rid of humanity in the new Terminator movies than taking control of the American nuclear stockpile and shooting it off. Especially when you consider that Genisys is merely a smartphone app.

• Locked thread