Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
So I've recently been the GM for a quick game of the free Iron Kingdoms intro adventure with my friends, since I bought the main IKRPG book and wanted to try to convince others to play the game. After using little paper cutouts for most enemies and players, i kinda want to get some cheap figures to use as characters and enemies instead.

The IK Unleashed starter box thing looks great, though it contains a bit more pig-men and such than I'd like, I'd rather focus on the civilization half of IK. I have a few Protectorate of Menoth troops from when I was trying to play Warmachine, but my selection isn't great. Just a few flamethrower dudes, some Knights Exemplar Errants, and Feora. Not exactly enough for playing an RPG.

So my point is, aside from buying the IK Unleashed starter set, what's a good source for multiple assorted 30mm base miniatures? I bought a copy of Privateer Press's GRIND, just to get a pile of robots, and that works alright for medium and large size bases.

My internet research has led me to a few things...

Figures by that Malifaux company, to include this starter set of assorted female character bits

Look like they could offer a decent selection of hero character models, also available in dudes. I hear Malifaux stuff can be fiddly to put together though.

Pile of cheapass pre-painted assorted soldier dudes

That includes a pile of pikemen dudes, some assassin guys, some monster-hunter/inquisitory dudes, a mage, and a knight, all on 30mm bases (I'm pretty sure), for like $20. Not a bad deal for cheapass prepainted army, if I wanted to make players fight an army.

Now of course all these minis are more for Iron Kingdoms: Full Metal Fantasy rather than Iron Kingdoms: Unleashed, but I figured I might as well post about it here rather than in the Warmachine thread or whatever. Also I'm mostly just finding sets of humans at the moment, though IKRPG includes elves and dwarves and of course trollkin and other beasts too. Guess I could just look to get Warmachine minis in bundles on eBay or something, but...

So I dunno, halp

HJE-Cobra fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Apr 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread