Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

So what's the verdict on power level? I've heard tell that their ultimate plan to balance warlocks and warcasters is "don't."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

unseenlibrarian posted:

Still don't have the full book, but from what I'm hearing the main balance issue is that: IKR is sort of built around an assumption that you take one combat career and one non-combat. The careers in Unleashed aren't built around that assumption, and are generally fightier, because the theme is more "Survive in harsh conditions, punch monsters" than "Bum around in cities being vaguely mercenary and pick fights with murderers and ghosts and ghost murderers" (Which is like 75 percent of all the published adventures so far.) They are overall still compatible, but there's basically warning flags for cross-classing between the two because Aristocrat/Duelist is pretty great for an Iron Kingdoms Adventure but might have issues with an Unleashed story.

That's good. I had heard at some convention where the developers basically said "Yeah, warlock is way better than warcaster, there just wasn't a way for it not to be" so I was curious if that had borne out. I always figured it was because they were basically going to hand out light beasts at chargen to all warlocks so that Fury would work.

• Locked thread