Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Aalesund will actually win the league and not be mediocre at all, because I just said so. Actually we're kinda hosed in midfield with Barrantes getting on and probably not happy with no transfer to sunnier climates or higher wages (though to be fair at least we're not at fault this time) and Ulvestad off, but that's okay. We can't have strikers that perform worse than the first two thirds of last season, we've got several young players with some potential and playing experience from last season as well, and our defense was basically one long injury-list last year so it has nowhere to go but improvement.

I never rated Aabrekk at all really before but hopefully he can prove me wrong and not be a clueless shithouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

azathosk posted:

He won't. Trust me, he won't.

I'm sure he will just watch it we'll walk the league definitely.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I hope Brann continues to produce entertainment of one sort or another this season.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

vyelkin posted:

Don't let him near children

It's too late for that I think we can only hope the Norwegian cousin has more taste for moose and pine trees tbh.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

azathosk posted:

I wrote the tippeligatips for the football blog Materazzia. It is great.
http://materazzia.blogspot.no/2015/04/tippeligatipset-2015.html

I enjoyed this for putting RBK third and also for putting Barrantes in every video thumbnail, a good post.

E: We're definitely coming third or fourth, above VIF, though.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Doubleposting to express lots of lols at my fellow Vestlandsklubber for their opening games so far. Some peace in my heart before our no-doubt incoming away-loss.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Bit uglier than predicted, oh well. Had to go that way with Matland at back (somehow manages to be even more useless than Latifu) and that midfield, still.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Max Manus posted:

gently caress, two points out the window in overtime :suicide:

:smuggo:

Oh god we're so poo poo. Gonna get started on Aabrek out! already.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Turns out Aabrek is indeed poo poo!

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
We started poo poo last year too but at least we actually looked good in many matches and mostly lost due to awful finishing/bad luck. This year we look woeful, and how Matland is still a professional footballer much less getting played is beyond me.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Nice to see Aabrek out but while we may be able to stay up with a change there we'll never get anywhere with the current club leadership. Need to clear things out further methinks.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
There we go. Still some pretty hilariously bad individual moments and we suck at defending corners and free-kicks, but at least players run now and we don't have a clown with glue under his boots on the back any more. Plus the simple pleasure of victory had almost been forgotten.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Picer posted:

Also, Liam is a loving golden boy and no you can't have him.

Well you can't really either can you? Thought he was returning home before the late-summer Europe qualifiers.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Football is good again. Sorry about your wasted chances Euroboy, could have been a load more goals this game.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
It was actually a pretty good match with lots of counters and the Big Chances statistic was like 5 - 4 by the end. One of your players managed to miss an open goal from 5 meters out for the biggest chance of the match and there was a shot in the crossbar too, but you were vaccinated from putting the ball in the net.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Some embarrassing results in this round to be sure. To be honest VIF are kinda mundane with a 1 goal loss especially given their apparently poo poo record the past 5 years. Laughing hard at Start and Haugesund though.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Stabæk are cool and good.
Not sure why VIF bought one of our defenders when our defense has been consistently among the shittiest ones in the league since we got promoted back in '04. Even when the team is good the defense is poo poo.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I like football me.
Pretty bizarre match all in all but I'll take it.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Haha Rosenborg. Good work from Mjøndalen though.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Football is a stupid sport for fuckers anyway.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Football status: Meh. But I am having a nice time watching this come-back at least.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Football: pretty good once again, on thin ice though.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Would like more scoring on chances and less giving away amazing counter-attack opportunities.

At least nobody can claim this is a boring game.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Football is a poo poo trash sport for garbagemen like Mos who can't loving kick a ball in the net even though theyre paid to do so

E: I'm pretty sure he's missed at LEAST 6 enormous chances today including one-on-one with the keeper and three or four chances to poke it in from 5 yards out

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
What a poo poo match, but I'll take it. At least we finally started putting our chances. Red card was real harsh though, even if we were in resurgence before it that probably decided the game. Doubt we'd have managed more than a draw otherwise, 'cause we're poo poo.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
For once, football is good again. Hopefully it stays good.

Also RIP Tromsø, drat.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Molde with a simply SPECTACULAR implosion tonight, gotta say if not for the slight sting to the coefficient this would be entertainment in its purest form.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

euroboy posted:

Vegard Forren is a fraud imo

Agreed.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Sure glad I didn't watch that poo poo friendly, it sounds dreadful. Good on VIF for not conceding I guess? loving lol at any RM plastics paying 4-digit numbers for a ticket to watch their team snore around the pitch though.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
One week football is poo poo, next one it's good again, then back to poo poo. Thankfully, this week it is GOOD, but it was close towards the end.

PS: gently caress off Marcus Pedersen, poo poo for Brann in the OBOS league and even worse against a marginally less bad team today. No idea what SIF want with him but I'm glad he was on the pitch instead of someone who can score goals.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
VIF more like gently caress off Rekdal.

Had no idea why they wanted Tollås in the first place since he wasn't particularly great for us, but if he's gonna go double-agent and gift us goals with terrible defending every time we play they're welcome to him. His CB partner I have no explanation for though, maybe we bribed him with fish?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

mackintosh posted:

Any team in need of a new manager? Berg is almost certain to be out of a job come Friday.

Feel free to keep him. We insist.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

mackintosh posted:

But we really don't want him.

Well, shouldn't have signed him then eh?
We don't do refunds.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Football, is good today

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Had almost forgotten it is possible to actually win games away from home, helpful reminder this.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
It's about time FFK get back up to the TL really, I'm surprised they're struggling so much after improving from the tough first season relegated to 2014. You'd have expected the trend to either continue or not start in the first place.

Hope Hødd get through the playoffs, derbies are nice and some of my extended family are die-hard Hødd fans so.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Puseklepp posted:

After 15 games without a loss Brann ended their season with two straight losses as soon as the promotion was secured :feelsgood:

Nilsen was a Hødd double-agent all along...

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
The Most Boring Relegation-Fight

Also the weather is gonna be terrible so regardless of result I'm looking forward to seeing how big Nani and RvP will handle playing on Aker Stadion during a storm, hopefully the game won't be postponed. If van Persie can even get in the team these days, I haven't paid attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
But that sounds like work...

• Locked thread