Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe
go with cluckr imo

I liked "bokbok" a lot, but if there's already an app with that name, it's probably wise to pick a different one. Moo, oink, bark, woof, and gobble lend themselves to cute animal icons. Plus gay guys say "woof" and "oink" (but definitely not bark) to compliment each other, because we are gross. A couple of different guys I've hooked up with had all kinds of weird, innocuous pig paraphernalia in their houses. My boyfriend's ex's facebook last name is "Muttz," and basically all his friends have weird doggy variations on their names. I hooked up with a guy who legally changed his name to Wolfer. I've been on large, popular gay hookup sites where the equivalent to a wink was an "oink" or a "woof."

If you want to go "golly gee why is our app so popular with all these promiscuous gay guys," I'd go with some variation on woof or oink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe

SeventhUncle posted:

I've never heard anyone (gay or otherwise) say any of those things as a compliment.
Is this part of some super secret language that gay guys keep on the DL around straight guys? Are you going to get in trouble for telling me?

On a more serious note, why not "bark"?

At the very least we're gonna have to add those as messages. Is there a particular image or animation that would go with "woof" or "oink" if you were going to use it as a compliment? Would a silly cartoon dog/pig work?

Haha it's just ~*~gayworld~*~ I wouldn't worry about it.

"Bark" just isn't a word that means that, really. It would be like if someone tried to say "you're overheating" when they meant "you're hot." It's a synonym that doesn't mean the same thing in that context.

Also nah, just a cute cartoon pig or dog would work. I feel like a pig going "oink" is a much stronger signal than a dog going "woof," but that may be regional/whatever.

• Locked thread