Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i'm sure it'll be just as good as all of blomkamp's other films

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Garbd posted:

i think someone said there was a yospos meme in this movie... so epic!!

the meme is that it's bad, like yospos

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Steve Ballmer posted:

The faux-documentary style has gotta be pretty limiting, but did he do any movies in that style other than District 9?

he's done 2 "movies" ever, so .5 movies? the first 20 min of district 9?

all his student stuff was done in that style though, the short film tech demos are mock documentaries in exactly the style he used at the beginning of d9

i'm pretty sure his halo ads were too

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

the way it would just randomly jump back to documentary style, with the interviews apparently taking place after the action of the film was also bad

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Mr. Apollo posted:

there were some reports that die antwoord were horrible to work with and that ninja was written out of later scenes because he kept harassing female production staff and sending them explicit photos of himself

that was a press piece for the film gussied up as tabloid journalism

PleasureKevin posted:

no, because you barely noticed. i thought it transitioned well.

maybe you didn't but other people obviously did

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

jony ive aces posted:

can we get someone in here to lfpost about racism in district 9 pls tia

the fact that you're already thinking about it means i don't need to

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

you cannot kill and eat her

but apparently i can eat her as long as she's alive?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

yes but it slowly regenerates and while doing so she aggressively chases you around the island scratching and spitting what seems to be a very dave's-insanity-like substance

i was making an rear end eating reference, but whatevs

to be fair she probably be doing that anyway

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

duTrieux. posted:

i used to have a mov of tetra vaal floating around my hard drive

for some reason i can't get excited about chappie though, idkw

i thought it was the coolest goddamn thing when i first saw it.

i don't remember where that was but i'm pretty sure it predated youtube

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Stymie posted:

i haven't yet figured out how blomkamp will make chappie racist but perhaps the presence of die antwoord will provide a way

perhaps it's a meta commentary, pointing out that it is us who are the true racists by expecting a bunch of white south africans to be horrible racists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

the rendered reflection on chappie's eyeplate is in fact goatse

• Locked thread