Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how do we wanna do
keep it swiss
shake it up w/ leagues
View Results

• Locked thread
eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

jassi007 posted:

I only watch the VSL. I know two things. 1. whomever play blue belcher is a dick. 2. I won't be that guy.
I encourage everyone to proxy and goldfish blue belcher. You will never have more fun playing with yourself.

Edit: whoops, meant Belcher.

eSporks fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Feb 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

Wadjamaloo posted:

I encourage everyone to proxy and goldfish blue delver. You will never have more fun playing with yourself.

I printed out the entire deck and proxied it in some sleeves within about an hour of seeing it on VSL.

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler
I'm definitely interested in playing some vintage. Unfortunately I'm going on holidays soon and won't be available to play for the next 3.5 weeks. That and being in Australia will make actually playing matches a bit interesting.

I'd probably play LSV's Doomsday deck from the first round of the VSL as I play Doomsday in legacy and vintage Doomsday looks even more ridiculous.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
I'd be interested for playing in some sort of free format (gently caress mtgo) vintage thing. League sounds terrible, make it swiss so I can sschedule things, I have a real life with lots of out of the house commitments.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
I'm in, and I'll play one of the decks that's just a shell of all the good cards in the format plus whatever 4 cards it's slotting in as a wincon

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008
Everyone proxy their decks on spare lands and play over Skype.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

I'm in, and I'll play one of the decks that's just a shell of all the good cards in the format plus whatever 4 cards it's slotting in as a wincon

Great to see you back from the posting gulag.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

I'm in for this one, I don't get enough vintage locally anymore.

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

Wow, I played around with Burning Tendrils on Cockatrice last night and holy poo poo this deck is sweet. Maybe I'll go for that since apparently Blue Belcher is grounds for public ridicule and shunning.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
blue belcher is way cooler than legacy belcher i hereby grant anyone who makes fun of blue belcher a dq

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
belcher players are fair game though

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Wadjamaloo posted:

You will never have more fun playing with yourself.

I don't believe you.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Vintage is mostly just the most fun part of magic: getting to draw a bunch of cards and then saying "wow, I drew some great cards"

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008
I might play Dredge just to eschew power. Out of spite.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Vintage is probably the format I have the least experience with. I am torn between storm, since I know how to play legacy storm, and lotus, yawgwill, recall, and friends seem like nice additions. I also kind of want to play something with workshops, because it seems like such a sweet card.

netcat
Apr 29, 2008
I'm interested in playing depending on when it's scheduled.

Vintage is mostly just the most fun part of magic: getting to draw a bunch of cards and then saying "wow, I drew some great cards"

Also this.

MySwan
Jan 7, 2015
Just finished downloading Xmage! Gonna play around with it some to get a feel in before i get busy with Oath.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
if people want to test stuff out for this i'm usually trollin #mtgoon on synirc for vintage/legacy games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

This accurately describes how most EDH players approach that format, in my experience.

• Locked thread