Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

:bravo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

So I'm on the supercoach site and trying to find where the gently caress I log in with last years information? I hit join now, and it takes me to a page telling me to just log in, but there are no log in fields or links???

e: fuckit, HSun site is dumb.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Feb 26, 2015

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Ballantyne acts like a oval office on and off the footy, hence the hatred. He's also just a midget with a face you'd love to punch. Couple him with Ryan Crowley and there's almost a cuntish vacuum over at Freo.

Has anyone spotted any fox footy streams? Looking to watch West Coast v Carlton, but of course it's only on fucktel.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Feb 27, 2015

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I think they changed from South Freo to Peel, so yes. Pretty sure Freo's old affiliate was South Freo until the Eagles/Dockers decided they'd have specific WAFL affiliates to draw players from a couple of years ago.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Feb 27, 2015

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Ah thanks for the heads up, I'll see if it works with hola.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

'Playlist is not a valid RSS feed'

Thanks Telstra you pathetic, useless cunts.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Quality of the stream is pretty average even for 3000kbps, but whatever. Better than nothing.

At least we're winning!

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Good to see LeCras playing further up the field than normal, Simpson better use him as a mid more often, because he really suits that position as a small mid/half forward with good speed.

e: Peel have never finished higher than 8th. (It's a 9 team comp)

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

JohnSherman posted:

I'm honestly kind of stunned that using Hola and buying a WatchAFL subscription is superior to the offerings in your own country. I mean drat.

Media rights and accessibility in this country are outrageously poo poo. It's pathetic and it's all due to monopolies and duopolies. The government obviously couldn't give a gently caress either.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Eagles looking much better with moving the ball quickly and kicking more with handballs opening to players on the run.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Somone's cutting edits with the live feed lol

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Cricket World Cup isn't ending anytime soon.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

A handball too far.

e: traitor scores a goal.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Mar 1, 2015

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

"Get off it umpire"

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Those ACL stats make sense though, you're less likely to do a knee when you're in prime condition and all your muscles/tendons/ligaments are adapted to the strain. That's why they tell players not to go 100% unless they have to in the preseason, yet it still leads to innocuous injuries.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Speaking of, Callum Sinclair out for a month.

FML

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

For the younger kids and lesser injuries, it really fucks their season as well - especially leg injuries. You lose your match fitness after 2 or so weeks of no mileage, so you can imagine how out of shape (in relative terms) you would be trying to come back immediately. Even then you have to fight for your spot back unless you're an absolute lock in. I agree that the NAB cup shouldn't even be this long, and should be for rookies/young players to get match experience against other AFL sides. They shouldn't be running majority of the senior list in matches still nearly 2 months out from the season proper.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Gough Suppressant posted:

Surely if it's about people going too hard too soon, then having practice matches lessens injury compared to dumping people immediately into round 1 when things actually matter.

Sure, but you can do this in a controlled environment against teammates who you know aren't going to drill you. One hitout before the season is fine, but the Eagles are playing 4 matches before the season begins. We've lost 3 players because of it thus far, one of which is for the entire season. We even play Freo in the last NAB cup match, which brings some ferocity regardless of what time of year it is. I'd rather that be the sole curtain raiser to be honest.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Exactly, but the less games you play before the season, the less likely it will happen. poo poo like this happens even at training on a fairly frequent basis, there's really no avoiding it - all you can do is minimize the amount of full run, full contact.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Press red for no commentary, just on ground sound.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2015-03-02/eagles-action-streamed-live

Apparently some clubs are broadcasting nab challenge matches on their websites due to demand.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

"poo poo, which teams probably resonate the most with the homosexual community?"

"Well.. Freo's got Purple on their guernsey, and Sydney is Sydney...."

"Sorted then."

Shmoses posted:

God this is such a joke. Why do they keep giving airtime to thugs.

Because they have 0 other skills.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Saw that last night, thought it was a bit funny. Just narrows down who out of the list are receiving infraction notices. Are Monfries et alia not participating in the NAB challenge either?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

That chip kick is a summation of how this season will unfold for Melbourne right?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Of course the stream doesn't actually work. Telstra has to be one of the most incompetent companies in the world.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Ellis and Wellingham injured.

gently caress the NAB challenge in it's stupid loving face.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

All training is done outside on the field.

:hurr:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Because you can't buy Sri Lankan flags and musical instruments at the SCG.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Probably because most Australians are unco idiots who can't play musical instruments, and would become a nuisance.

Honestly though, it's probably a thing to do with cricket being an all day event where musical instruments wouldn't really gently caress your spectatorship of the sport. I don't get it personally, but I'd be kind of pissed off if someone was blasting a trumpet in my ear at the footy.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

You really want vuvezelas at footy matches? I like being able to hear the whistle, the roar of the crowd and the players on the field when they're nearby. Listening to someone harp on with a poo poo instrument and no musicality would be incessantly annoying.

e: Finals on the other hand.. go nuts.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Mar 9, 2015

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

If you think it's a lack of musical instruments that turns away patrons at the footy...

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Colour has always been an issue in the AFL. Like what to call the maggots.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Gough Suppressant posted:

Being that I don't drink, am white and an MCC member I am literally one of the old white fogeys you're complaining about minus the old bit though

So your drunk posts are in fact aneurysms?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

But vocal support is threatening! My children's ears shouldn't be susceptible to this brutish behaviour!

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Sorry, I just don't think I've ever seen someone have roughly 92 of them in a season and live.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2015-03-10/tickets-please

I can't even begin to describe how retarded this is..

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Well a ten ton of surgery doesn't help a mans ageing. Sports surgery that is. I think it's because his eyebrows look a lot like wrinkles.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Flare as in forgetting to, and then crashing and burning?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

He sure got over his (Melbourne) football career ending, debilitating depression loving quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

hiddenmovement posted:

:siren: NOT TO GET ALL AUSPOL ON U BUT....:siren:

Yeah I know, I was being more tongue in cheek about it. I know plenty of people with depression (I work in Catering/Restaurants), but they don't just give up their livelihoods because things got tough. Ofcourse I don't know what's going on Mitch's mind, but I don't think he should be playing football again this year so quickly if he has clinical depression that needs monitoring, especially seeming it was part of the reason he was depressed in the first place. I agree with the sentiments that depression is a poo poo and unpredictable thing, but in my honest opinion I think he was bluffing half of it. It just seems way too convenient.

• Locked thread