Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Is it just me or have there already been too many non elimination legs? It's boring me that no one's getting eliminated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thedaian
Dec 11, 2005

Blistering idiots.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Is it just me or have there already been too many non elimination legs? It's boring me that no one's getting eliminated.

So far, there's only been two non-elim legs. The first leg, and this one. There's usually about 3 per season, so it's just you.

The late game express pass isn't too bad. And I always enjoy double legs, though hopefully there's no placement reset before or during the next leg.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

E: Nevermind

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Woah this season has gone from actively obnoxious to super loving boring. :(

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Normally the dancing shows give me half a pani because I could never do choreographed dance thing but I liked this one because they basically just put everyone through who didn't go "aww shucks I suck" and stop dancing.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Sheri and Cole are the luckiest team ever. Sheri In that gold Bikini though.....

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Sheri and Cole are the luckiest team ever. Sheri In that gold Bikini though.....

The race would never end if that team or the gay guys alternate finishing last, It feels like production is wanting them the most.

I tried to be really open minded about this season but ugh, the only team I like is Bernie and Ashley, and the team with the poor man's Anna Kendrick is ok. The rest are irritating like the yelling bros or gay guys, or just meh. Also it must be real good if dancing guy puts up with that...real good.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Tyler and Corey are awesome

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
SEE what did I say about there being way too many saves! It was their time to go home. This is bullshit.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I haven't even been watching this season, but haven't there only been three saves? Which is the exact same amount at this time as the last season.

I was wondering that 'it's been a while since they've had all-returnees' but apparently it's only been about two years. Maybe it's because I blocked out how bad All-Stars was. I imagine they'd probably do it for season 30, they seem to do it every 6-7 seasons now.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

What a load of bullshit! Didn't they just get saved 2 or 3 weeks ago?

I'll give Sheri a lot of credit though, she's been tough as nails, even if her son is the most annoying person in the race. And yea, she got some bomb-rear end tit-tays.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I don't think there's ever been a single non-elimination leg or 'to be continued' leg where someone on this forum hasn't called bullshit on it

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

WampaLord posted:

What a load of bullshit! Didn't they just get saved 2 or 3 weeks ago?

I'll give Sheri a lot of credit though, she's been tough as nails, even if her son is the most annoying person in the race. And yea, she got some bomb-rear end tit-tays.

Who knew she was smuggling those around all this time? drat.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

WampaLord posted:

I'll give Sheri a lot of credit though, she's been tough as nails, even if her son is the most annoying person in the race.

I take that to mean that Sheri is a terrible mom. Just one "OK Cole, that's enough" at any point in Cole's life would have probably done wonders.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Intentionally keeping Cole as a dumb pre-pubescent prop for social media has got to be some kind of crime.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Yes, because absolutely none of Cole's personality is an act for the benefit of the camera, and is 100% representative of his day to day life.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

jivjov posted:

Yes, because absolutely none of Cole's personality is an act for the benefit of the camera, and is 100% representative of his day to day life.

It comes from somewhere though.

thedaian
Dec 11, 2005

Blistering idiots.

Riptor posted:

I don't think there's ever been a single non-elimination leg or 'to be continued' leg where someone on this forum hasn't called bullshit on it

It comes up at least once per season. If not every time it happens. Usually whenever it's a team that someone dislikes.

Cole is definitely annoying, though his mom has done a good job keeping at it. The dancing team had the obligatory abusive spouse breakdown this leg.

Riptor posted:

Tyler and Corey are awesome

I like watching them. They're definitely the standard gay team, but they're having a decent amount of fun in the race and I can't hate that. :shobon:

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
You guys actually like Tyler & Korey? :psyduck: I can't stand them, they're so annoying. They are by far my least favorite team of the season, so watch them win.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Andorra posted:

You guys actually like Tyler & Korey? :psyduck: I can't stand them, they're so annoying. They are by far my least favorite team of the season, so watch them win.

Agreed, they're the worst.

Right now we're on a pretty good track for my usual final three of team I hate (Tyler/Korey), team I don't care about (Brodie/Kurt), and team I like (Burnie/Ashley), and invariably it's not the team I like that wins.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I don't mind Korey but Tyler is basically a walking gay caricature and it bothers me.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Andorra posted:

They get along with each other, don't seem to get into lovely fights with other teams, and seem to be having a great time. What's not to like about them?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Riptor posted:

They get along with each other, don't seem to get into lovely fights with other teams, and seem to be having a great time. What's not to like about them?

The little one has an annoying laugh but I can't help but like them. They kind of remind me of Danny and Oswald a bit which is a good thing. They have fun, aren't having breakdowns, etc.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Tyler and Korey are my faves! Tyler has the most contagious laugh.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Ugh what a trash leg. Everyone bunched up on one flight, with just two roadblocks. Poor man's Anna Kendrick eliminated basically because they picked her for the task and she was slightly slower than the rest. Although it is amusing that Brodie is apparently super dumb and he can't be protected from doing tasks any longer.

thedaian
Dec 11, 2005

Blistering idiots.
Except for the salt roadblock, that was a leg I would like to do myself. It was funny seeing everyone freak out over the snakes.

As far as leg design, yeah, that was pretty poo poo. The elimination was just because one team had a woman do the physical leg.

And because I'm always curious about the prices whenever they do "sell things to the locals" challenges, 10,000 rupiah is about $1 USD, or the price of 2 bananas. Or according to this site, about 1/5th the price of a McDonalds combo meal. That explains why everyone was willing to buy it.

Baddog
May 12, 2001
The salt thing was kinda cool, but I was confused by the missing step. Apparently after hours of sprinkling water on the sand, they rake it all up and stick it into a sieve where they pour more seawater in (over days) and collect the brine at the bottom in the hollowed out bamboo. Which seems like a shitton of work over a salt pond, but I guess manual labor is cheap.

http://travel.cnn.com/explorations/life/flavor-journey-bali-balduccis-780500/

Septimius
Aug 23, 2006

Stop helping each other!

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun

Septimius posted:

Stop helping each other!

Right? Come on, you're the top six!

That leg would have been so much funner if they weren't so bunched up. Delivering the snakes/offerings was basically just everyone following each other. Why couldn't they have wandered around lost with snakes around their necks, is all I'm saying.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Eltoasto posted:

Although it is amusing that Brodie is apparently super dumb and he can't be protected from doing tasks any longer.

I am enjoying this subplot.

And much respect to the Amazing Race editors, they usually do their job of making me like almost anyone after a long season and I'm mostly on board with all of these people, flaws and all.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Eltoasto posted:

Although it is amusing that Brodie is apparently super dumb and he can't be protected from doing tasks any longer.

I still can't get over that he was such a thick meathead that they had to use the Express Pass on that water puzzle thing because he's too dumb to understand "line up the floating letters with the letter shaped holes."

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

WampaLord posted:

I still can't get over that he was such a thick meathead that they had to use the Express Pass on that water puzzle thing because he's too dumb to understand "line up the floating letters with the letter shaped holes."

I'm pretty sure he understood what he was supposed to be doing...just failing at making it happen.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Baddog posted:

The salt thing was kinda cool, but I was confused by the missing step. Apparently after hours of sprinkling water on the sand, they rake it all up and stick it into a sieve where they pour more seawater in (over days) and collect the brine at the bottom in the hollowed out bamboo. Which seems like a shitton of work over a salt pond, but I guess manual labor is cheap.

http://travel.cnn.com/explorations/life/flavor-journey-bali-balduccis-780500/

Thanks for this, I was wondering the same myself.

Tellah
Aug 8, 2014
Just when you thought the leg design couldn't get worse.

I understand that every season aggressively fishes for an elimination based on 1) fear of heights, 2) being unable to swim, or 3) being unable to drive stick-shift, but if the roadblocks don't do anything at all to shuffle teams that arrived within minutes of each other, why bother?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Yeah lame again, everyone did the same detour and it was very linear. Dive for a clue, walk stuff across a bridge, jump off a thing.

thedaian
Dec 11, 2005

Blistering idiots.
That roadblock was pretty terrible. This late in the game, the challenge should be more than "jump off a thing".

Otherwise, it was a smart play by the other teams to knock out Brodie and Kurt. They were one of the strongest teams, so now it's mostly down to the gay guys and the rooster teeth couple. The other two teams are absolute poo poo.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
My favorite moment from that episode was Cole finding out he had to do a heights challenge

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

ShakeZula posted:

Agreed, they're the worst.

Right now we're on a pretty good track for my usual final three of team I hate (Tyler/Korey), team I don't care about (Brodie/Kurt), and team I like (Burnie/Ashley), and invariably it's not the team I like that wins.

The dancers are the worst. I don't mind watching her snap at the dude, but I don't want them to win stuff.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

What a terrible season. At least this way I can just read the results and watch it later if Tyler and Corey lost, and otherwise not waste my time. I never saw the terrible family season, but this is by far the worst I have seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I think this season is good

• Locked thread