Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
GOD loving DAMMIT HAYLEY YOU'RE THE WORST :argh: Someone had to say it. Blair is a literal saint. I'd feel really bad about him losing but he is a doctor who apparently lives on a houseboat or something, so I think he's doing ok for himself.

bring them back for an all-star season please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Is this the first season where a team was penalized because the non-competing person at the roadblock helped their teammate? From years of watching I could tell it was obviously a rule, but I've never seen any one get called for it before.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
On one of the epenis games there was a question "Who would you most like to see on the race" and I remember answering Geoff and Gavin from RoosterTeeth. Those two aren't going buuuuut:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D3yzrZi6Fw

I'm now excited for next season!

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Shout outs to the 2007 CFL western conference champion Saskatchewan Roughriders, and the one die-hard Canadian football fan living in Agra who is proud to show his support via t-shirt.

Edit: GO GREENGOLDS :canada:

GuavaMoment fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Nov 29, 2015

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

WampaLord posted:

I'm not old and I'm irritated too. Looks like too many "zany" YouTube personalities. My :rolleyes: per episode will be enormous.

That's why I like Burnie and Ashley - in a sea of "zany" personalities on youtube, they seem the most legit. But yeah, I'm worried at all the other teams. Who was that young guy/girl team from a few years ago who were youtube celebrities? They were awful and so goddamn fake. :(

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

jivjov posted:

I'm only watching for Burnie. I hope he's not out too early.

Pretty much this, yeah. Almost everyone else was kind of annoying.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Everyone started from a different place too. Even if there was bunching later on, it was a little unfair.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
I thought that was a good episode though? In the beginning of a season it's nice to see people race to be the first to throw their game the hardest. Choosing clearly the wrong detour and then doing it twice should have been enough to torpedo your race, and then you see that other guy completing the roadblock and then continuing to wander around for however long. Good stuff! Eventually you want the skilled teams to advance based on skill, but at this point seeing people fail hard is just as fun.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Dr Tran posted:

I confused the Express Pass with the Fast Forward. I miss the Fast Forward. Wasn't there a season when a team got the Fast Forward and still didn't get first place?

I remember when Mark and Bopper got the FF and came in last.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

WampaLord posted:

I'll give Sheri a lot of credit though, she's been tough as nails, even if her son is the most annoying person in the race.

I take that to mean that Sheri is a terrible mom. Just one "OK Cole, that's enough" at any point in Cole's life would have probably done wonders.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

jivjov posted:

Yes, because absolutely none of Cole's personality is an act for the benefit of the camera, and is 100% representative of his day to day life.

It comes from somewhere though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Baddog posted:

The salt thing was kinda cool, but I was confused by the missing step. Apparently after hours of sprinkling water on the sand, they rake it all up and stick it into a sieve where they pour more seawater in (over days) and collect the brine at the bottom in the hollowed out bamboo. Which seems like a shitton of work over a salt pond, but I guess manual labor is cheap.

http://travel.cnn.com/explorations/life/flavor-journey-bali-balduccis-780500/

Thanks for this, I was wondering the same myself.

• Locked thread