Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I actually didn't mind the blind date thing that much, to be honest. I was entertained throughout.

Also, I thought the doctor dude was kind of coming around on his partner by the end of the episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

I am liking this season, no teams that I hate yet but a few that are growing on me. That one blonde looks like Amy Adams and that vaults their team to the top of the list. The selfie stuff was annoying in the first ep, but seemed toned down a lot in the 2nd ep, except for the hilarious missing of train :laffo:

I am interested to see which of the blind dates breaks from the "we are just thinking about the race!" mold first.

I'd say Jeff & Jackie are almost a lock to be that team.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Oh my loving God Hayley

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SteveVizsla posted:

What did he lose? My dog started barking.

A fanny pack and now it's clear why he freaked

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

ShakeZula posted:

Well, maybe if guys would listen to her every once in a while.

Seriously, they have to listen.

I mean, it's important that they listen to her.

He really should've listened to her on that one thing we're not going to talk about anymore.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

Yeah that guy was a huge jerk, just basically giving up on the race because he didn't need money and it wasn't a match. I'm glad the Dr is at least having fun with the camera about how crazy the nurse is. This season is a failure if none of the blind dates hook up, and right now Jackie/Jeff are probably the only shot.

Ehhh I still think Tyler and Laura might.

Hayley is loving awful though.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I really have no problems with the teams at all. It's made it at least entertaining to watch.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SteveVizsla posted:

There was one thing I enjoyed about this episode - how much fun most of the teams were having. There wasn't a big flip out about forgetting the passports in the other car, they just hung out and made fun of Hayley. Other teams didn't know how to drive stick but they pushed through and made it work while laughing about it.They aren't going to win, but I hope the truckers at least make it to the finale. They are what every team should be.

Hayley is an idiot but at least she's amusing (because we aren't there with her), and the doctor can bond with everyone else over how terrible she is. The one gay guy (Bergen? I'm not sure which one is which) was infuriating because he just didn't give a poo poo about anyone or anything that didn't serve his purpose. What a spoiled prick.

Kurt was the lovely one and I agree. He's way more frustrating than Hayley because he just doesn't care about the Race at all. If nothing else, Hayley wants to win.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Blair is a goddamn saint

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hayley is annoying but Jenny seems like an actual lovely human to me.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Blair and Hayley have been a lot more tolerable to me the last few episodes

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

On her RHAP exit interview Hayley came across like a nice person and all the other contestants seem to like her a lot.

The post-show stuff makes Laura come across way worse than anyone else. Hayley said Laura & Tyler would make fun of other teams a lot, specifically Mike & Rochelle. Laura seems like a lovely person.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Using an express pass on a challenge where you literally stand in a cage and feed an animal is hilariously dumb.

Also, the paparazzi guy is obviously closeted.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Illuen posted:

They didn't have a choice. They had to use the express pass in the leg they were given it.

Oops. I missed that part.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

ElwoodCuse posted:

Holy lol at the paparazzi guy holding out on the donation box at the orphanage until Phil shamed him.

Hahaha "here you goooooooo...." with his hand clenched tight to obscure his cheapness.

They're really doing nothing to sway the opinion of paparazzi being absurdly lovely people

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Rick is basically Ken Jeong

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

what the gently caress is a Vine Star and how

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Yea I don't know if I can watch a whole season of this...

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Golbez posted:

With the non-elimination combined with no prize for first place makes me think there was some major production fuckup and this was some major audible calling.

I'm assuming they think these people are actually famous and they want to hook their "fans" before they eliminate anyone.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

xcore posted:

Granted I haven't watched in a couple of seasons, but isn't nearly every cast made up mostly of teams that are dumb as poo poo? How is this any different? Was there something particularly egregious? I've seen "leaving behind a taxi" tons of times and I've also seen "#readtheclue" dozens of times as well.

There's this "i'm here to enhance my personal brand" film coating everything about this season that irks me. The second episode was admittedly much better, but I'd say the biggest thing is to be an "internet star" you have to have a certain kind of personality and when everyone has that, it makes the cast seem less diverse.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

E: Nevermind

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Sheri and Cole are the luckiest team ever. Sheri In that gold Bikini though.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I don't mind Korey but Tyler is basically a walking gay caricature and it bothers me.

• Locked thread