Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
It should be an elim leg next leg and they're still in Peru? Uh good luck Laura and Tyler.

Sadly at least one of Jenny and Hayley will survive to the final leg.

This season has been pretty mediocre though. I like Laura & Tyler and Matt and Ashley, but they don't come close to being in the top 15 teams of all time. I could see Jeff & Jackie coming back if there was an All-Stars season again, and maybe Laura & Tyler or Aly & Steve, but that's it really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Wizardryo posted:

Wouldn't the selfies final task be a little uneven in difficulty if one team took all their pictures in front of recognizable landmarks/destinations and the other two, well, didn't? Happy it didn't come down to that, but it would've been odd had Laura and Tyler taken a selfie in a non-descript train and had to piece together which European country it was taken in.

Anyway, yes, Blair will do fine without the million dollars, so I'm not mad that he lost.

An uneven season but enjoyable overall, even though the gimmick was awful and didn't really do anything. There was a stark drop in TAR quality between All-Stars and Unfinished Business, so really anything is better than those doldrum seasons. I am happy that this show keeps chugging along and can now always fall back on its critical acclaim-- that entire year post-S4 was a dark time for everyone.

It was a little obvious when one of Jelani and Jenny's pictures had them celebrating getting their Express Pass.

I do feel this race dipped compared to the last; Laura and Tyler are a solid team but their competition isn't anything to write home about. Hayley/Blair should have self-destructed long ago, they weren't even fun to root against like Tim and Marie.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Rockzilla posted:

I'd like to see the more of the legs designed to use public transit and foot/bike travel, anything to keep the race from being decided by a taxi. Sure, it's become a part of the race by now and it's a lot more challenging to navigate somewhere by yourself in a foreign city, but if you screw up at least it was probably due to something under your own control. If you need the racers to get into a car, get them outside the city by train or something first, do a challenge and then hop into your new 2016 Ford Focus with voice recognition and backup camera (Available at Ford dealers everywhere now).

My guess is that they use taxis in the final leg to prevent any home turf advantage by any teams who either live in that state or have visited it enough to know their way around.

If a Texan team knew how to drive everywhere and even take local shortcuts then that's a significant advantage.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
There was a male team on the Amazing Race Asia who had some downtime and needed money so I think they basically went to a strip club and stripped for some money. I think they also won eight legs that season (so tying for most number of legs ever won in a season), but came in third place in the final leg.

It's been like eight years since I've watched it though, so I might be misremembering.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
They've never seemed to be able to get a good handle on Speed Bumps. Ideally they shouldn't be overly difficult, but should at least allocate some time. However if a team is good, they might be able to bulldoze past it.

This incarnation was surprisingly brutal, especially for such a physical Roadblock. Imagine if it was applied to something like the infamous hay bale Roadblock.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The thing is that the course this season isn't really that bad. The new Speed Bump is pretty punishing. Problem is the cast.

Also we haven't seen a Fast Forward all season. Are they just not showing them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I haven't even been watching this season, but haven't there only been three saves? Which is the exact same amount at this time as the last season.

I was wondering that 'it's been a while since they've had all-returnees' but apparently it's only been about two years. Maybe it's because I blocked out how bad All-Stars was. I imagine they'd probably do it for season 30, they seem to do it every 6-7 seasons now.

• Locked thread