Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
queertea
Jun 4, 2013

Not Fade Away
The Amazing Race is back! After a really solid Season 25, the producers decided -- as they do -- that "good enough" wouldn't do, so they introduced a new gimmick.

Season 26 will be all dating couples. If that idea didn't sound terrible enough, 5 teams will consist of two players who have never met before. Producers are marketing it as "the ultimate blind date."

Here's a description of the show written by SteveVizsla, who was kind enough to let me take over this season:

quote:

If you haven't watched the show before, the premise is quite simple: teams of two race around the world, one "pit stop" to the next, completing tasks and deciphering clues along the way. First team to a pit stop in each episode wins a prize. Last team to a pit stop has a strong chance of being eliminated. Eventually, we get to our final three teams, who finish the race with a leg in the United States, and whoever wins that leg earns the coveted prize of $1,000,000. Expect a lot of laughs, a fair amount of drama, less crying than last season, and for the word 'amazing' to be thrown out way, way too much. Since season 18, this show has been broadcast in HD.

Season 26 begins February 25 9:30/8:30c on CBS! Episode 2 will be two days later, February 27.
:siren: Note that while the premiere is on a Wednesday, the show will continue airing on Friday night thereafter. This "death slot" is good for your DVR, but not so good for ratings. :siren:

Check out the cast page and let us know who you're rooting for.

Previous Threads:
The Amazing Race 25
The Amazing Race 24
The Amazing Race 23
The Amazing Race 22
The Amazing Race 21
The Amazing Race 20
The Amazing Race 19
The Amazing Race 18
The Amazing Race 17
The Amazing Race 16
The Amazing Race 15
The Amazing Race 14

queertea fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Feb 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queertea
Jun 4, 2013

Not Fade Away

xcore posted:

I've got a feeling I never saw the last half of last season so I might have to track it down if the general consensus was positive.
I really liked it, though I understand why a lot of people weren't happy about the final "twist."
Then again, my favorite season is 21, so I may not be the best person to ask. :v:

queertea
Jun 4, 2013

Not Fade Away
Steve & Aly are my early pick to win. Pretty ambivalent about most of the contestants so far.

queertea
Jun 4, 2013

Not Fade Away
:siren: A U-Turn on the first leg! :siren:

queertea
Jun 4, 2013

Not Fade Away
This selfie business is getting really old already.

queertea
Jun 4, 2013

Not Fade Away
Thank God they did away with the Save this year.

queertea
Jun 4, 2013

Not Fade Away
The cherry on top of an incredibly underwhelming season :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queertea
Jun 4, 2013

Not Fade Away

R to the J posted:

I've also wondered about money exchange, which is something that presumably happens but is almost never shown. It's not like taxis everywhere will accept US dollars.

Outside of EU/Australia/other developed countries, they very often do.

• Locked thread