Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baddog
May 12, 2001
Legs where the challenges are so easy that there is almost no hope of anyone catching up are bs. Feels like they are cutting costs sometimes by making sure they don't have to pay anyone overtime to hang around late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baddog
May 12, 2001
Cant believe they blurred the statue's naughty bits.

Baddog
May 12, 2001
I'm rewatching some old seasons on hulu, and holy poo poo the race used to be so much harder. Multi-day legs with tons of self-arranged travel happening during the leg (like 18 hour bus rides through third world countries), sleeping outside on the ground in the rain all the time, and really hard challenges. People just looking massively burnt out after a few legs, with hilarious results. As opposed to now where it seems like they usually get up after a night in the hotel, drive to the airport to get on one of three already arranged flights, fly somewhere and do a couple pretty easy challenges (go get some chocolates) over 3-4 hours, then hit the hotel till next day.

Baddog
May 12, 2001
A team can still only u-turn one time in a race right? So the cheerleaders using the uturn when they knew they were last was ridiculous.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

hepscat posted:

This seemed like another short leg with not much to do. I'm not sure what's up with that.

There was a decent amount of travel in there, the ferry alone is an hour+customs (although customs there is pretty quick). But yah I hear you.

I think its really dicey to get from kowloon to hk ferry terminal, get tickets, and onto the next boat in under half an hour even if there was no traffic. So they probably made the right choice of just getting on there and taking the penalty. Well, if they had actually realized they screwed up. Seemed like they might have when the right class of tickets weren't available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baddog
May 12, 2001
The salt thing was kinda cool, but I was confused by the missing step. Apparently after hours of sprinkling water on the sand, they rake it all up and stick it into a sieve where they pour more seawater in (over days) and collect the brine at the bottom in the hollowed out bamboo. Which seems like a shitton of work over a salt pond, but I guess manual labor is cheap.

http://travel.cnn.com/explorations/life/flavor-journey-bali-balduccis-780500/

• Locked thread