Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kung Fu Jesus
Jun 20, 2002

lol jews gonna get fucked.
Put me in the camp that does not like this season. Its not the teams; its all the added crap, generally poor challenges, and a complete lack of any suspense in any episode.

First, the added crap. As someone who does not partake in vine, instagram, snapchat, etc, I don't get it for this show. This show was filmed months ago. Were the selfies released at that time? That would seem spoiler-ish. Can they even release them when the show airs to make it look like they are racing in real time? That also seems dumb.

Then the whole dating thing is a fail. They keep ramming it down our throats when its obvious there is a slim chance of maybe one match. It just feels so poorly wedged into each episode. If they want to create drama, do a season where every pair are strangers and have opposing beliefs and lifestyles.

Then there's the "challenges" that require almost nothing or seem forced. I didn't get the singing thing. They didn't have to memorize the words because they had notes in front of them. They didn't seem to have to sing well since some folks were horrible each time. It was just an excuse to fail them once so we get to laugh at the water to the face, then pass them the second time to get the misery over with. Also, drive in reverse going about two miles per hour? It just all seemed like it was about a)throwing water at people and b)advertising the reverse camera stuff.

Then in every episode there is one team obviously hours behind with no chance of surviving. Yet we have to put up with the editing to make it seem like there is a chance.

Sorry, rant over. It just feels like a once great show is trying to get itself canceled. I hope this is just a bump in the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread