Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I am liking this season, no teams that I hate yet but a few that are growing on me. That one blonde looks like Amy Adams and that vaults their team to the top of the list. The selfie stuff was annoying in the first ep, but seemed toned down a lot in the 2nd ep, except for the hilarious missing of train :laffo:

I am interested to see which of the blind dates breaks from the "we are just thinking about the race!" mold first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I think I figured out why the hot blonde nurse with big boobs is still single.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Most people probably watch it on DVR since it's a Friday night show. I just did and let me tell you, Hayley is a crazy person.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Yeah CBS pays big money for March Madness, which will have games the next 2 Fridays. Probably could have planned around it better, there should have been time to start after basketball and finish before BB.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Yeah that guy was a huge jerk, just basically giving up on the race because he didn't need money and it wasn't a match. I'm glad the Dr is at least having fun with the camera about how crazy the nurse is. This season is a failure if none of the blind dates hook up, and right now Jackie/Jeff are probably the only shot.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Nexal posted:

I'm the only one who actually enjoys this season apparently... I'm really surprised that people aren't liking it as much as I do.

I'm enjoying it. I think the gimmick hasn't paid off and probably won't, but it's still AR and I still enjoy the normal play of it. There isn't a powerhouse team that I hate, so I may enjoy the finale more than normal.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Well great, the only blind date team that might possibly hook up has been eliminated. Enjoyable overall, but the gimmick is a failure.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

The dog and elephant challenges seemed to be pretty imbalanced as far as difficulty goes, but yeah other than that it was a good ep. Aly was kind of a jerk at the end there, but that's probably the mental attitude you need to be an olympic athlete. Blair is hilarious and I kind of want to seem them win it all, truckstop is a disaster that is somehow stumbling along. Those 2 in the final would be funny. The only team I don't like is Jelani and Jenny, but that's more just dislike because they are boring and Jenny can be a jerk at times.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Rockzilla posted:

Truckstop is the pretty weak, but consistent team that is perpetually saved by stronger teams having a catastrophe. Kinda like the Candy Scientists or the Beekmans. I thought that Truckstop was getting the Loser's Edit when they played clips of how the race has changed their outlook on life and how the world is so big and blah blah blah at the start of the second leg.

I thought that the Olympians would be doing a lot better but they're starting to bicker a lot. They're the only team that I kinda like so I'm hoping that they'll get it together.

You know that there were 2 episodes on Friday, right?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Yeah J&J are the only teams that I don't want in the final 3. Truckstop, Blair and the Witch Project, and Team Amy Adams are all fine by me, but i'm not in love with any of them. I think it will probably get renewed, but they would be smart to pull in a celebrity/reality star team or gimmick to liven it up.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

They probably won't do the elimination until after they take a flight to America, so truckstop has a chance to catch up and be on the same flight. Though their general skill level makes them the favorite to be eliminated during the leg for sure.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I thought it was a fine finale and a decent season. It was a terrible dud of a gimmick, but that wasn't too important to me. I do think that they need to shake things up a bit for next season though.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

To be fair, I'd probably be irrational about it as well if I were competing for a million bucks.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Yeah this is not an alliance game and generally it doesn't come into play. I am glad their plan failed, and I don't think the other teams would have even cared if not for the express pass promise. That needs to go away.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

ElwoodCuse posted:

Holy lol at the paparazzi guy holding out on the donation box at the orphanage until Phil shamed him.

That and his tantrum was the best part of the ep. Actually glad they survived so we may get more of it in the future.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

In the interviews I have seen, they say that they are pretty much sleep deprived and starving the whole time, not wanting to spend too much money on food.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Also the taxis in Moscow take all money, and by that I mean they simply take all your money. One season a team was charged a ridiculous amount. And if you can't pay then gently caress you, camera crew or not.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Rick posted:

I haven't watched every season but the hip hop challenge might be the most dejected the people putting on the challenge show have ever seemed to me.

haha yeah the more it dragged on with the Bama group, you could tell those people really just wanted to get the gently caress out of there.

Also didn't we have some people a few seasons ago wreck their car in France (by putting non-diesel in it?) and then decide to just take it easy with a nice night at a hotel, knowing they were screwed?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

social-media tastemakers

I might try to watch this though if the football game is a blowout

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Green team is by far the best team, of course they are just a bad flight or taxi ride away from getting eliminated. Silver lining is that they have done so well that, even if they lose, they will certainly be coming back for an all star season.

My brother and I suspected that the non-elim from the last leg was an audible and the halfassed speedbump seems to support that. This leg was super bunchy and designed to screw the green team with the u-turn, but they were able to just beat everyone again even from even footing.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

ElwoodCuse posted:

What was the time when the speed bump was literally "wait here for 10 minutes" or something

Yeah there was a "sit on this block of ice for 10 minutes" speedbump, it was bullshit

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Riptor posted:

This leg was super bizarre, and I wonder if something happened where there was another leg planned and for whatever reason they weren't able to do it. It felt extremely cobbled together and just small in scale.

Yeah there wasn't any bunching and a 3rd u-turn. Very linear, paparazzi only survived due to the 45 minute gap at the start.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

The newscasters still finishing in 2nd was pretty hilarious.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

thedaian posted:

The paparazzi are the only team I don't want to see winning, because they're not good people.

They aren't, but I am glad they are around because his hissy fits are hilarious.

drat it

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

He certainly turns into a little poo poo when things aren't going their way. Thankfully she at least calls him on it, which leads me to believe he's not normally like that and his obsession with the race is all consuming. It is definitely hard to root for them at times though when they are counting up 1st places finishes. They have really built a narrative so far of the reporters winning and finally finishing in first. If so, I am ok with that. Justin and Diana have done well enough and been big enough characters that I think 100% they will be back on the race if they don't win.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I'd feel bad for green team except they did it to themselves, plus they got 7 first place prizes and they are 100% guaranteed to be returning in the future.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Tellah posted:

If I were unbiased I'd probably say that Team Green got screwed and that there should be dedicated chauffeurs on the final leg. But watching Justin haggle his taxi fare and then stiff the driver made me think that this is how it should be.

Also if the paparazzi knew anything about flags, you could make the case that they got screwed and could have won, since Justin drove off their taxi driver with his hassling.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We DVR'd it to watch later, sounds like it'll be great!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

That Cody dude is super annoying, but I don't think he is long for the race. Bernie is cool and some teams are fine, I don't think i'll have a problem finding a few teams to root for and that's the most important part for me. Be strong my friends, we survived 2 seasons of deaf Luke, we can make it through this.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I haven't really been annoyed by any personalities, but a few of these teams are real bad at the game. Dudes stood around not knowing how to buy plane tickets, then the others leave a taxi behind. Thankfully that problem should take care of itself.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Boring leg

Blair and her dad should have had to serve a penalty for promising kisses for pesos and not delivering.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Schlonged Again posted:

Was I horribly confused, or did a couple of the teams do both halves of the detour without any explanation?

We were confused by this too, the editing must have been weird. Apparently the gunpowder throwing and bus thing was the detour, and everyone had to do the bags. We thought the choice was bus/bags.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Bunching like that with the trains before the pit stop is dumb. The budding romance story is pretty funny with her dad right there. AR is so desperate for something like that, they are probably going to find a way to give Blair's dad a "go away for 4 hours" task.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

sportsgenius86 posted:

Sheri and Cole are the luckiest team ever. Sheri In that gold Bikini though.....

The race would never end if that team or the gay guys alternate finishing last, It feels like production is wanting them the most.

I tried to be really open minded about this season but ugh, the only team I like is Bernie and Ashley, and the team with the poor man's Anna Kendrick is ok. The rest are irritating like the yelling bros or gay guys, or just meh. Also it must be real good if dancing guy puts up with that...real good.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Intentionally keeping Cole as a dumb pre-pubescent prop for social media has got to be some kind of crime.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Ugh what a trash leg. Everyone bunched up on one flight, with just two roadblocks. Poor man's Anna Kendrick eliminated basically because they picked her for the task and she was slightly slower than the rest. Although it is amusing that Brodie is apparently super dumb and he can't be protected from doing tasks any longer.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Yeah lame again, everyone did the same detour and it was very linear. Dive for a clue, walk stuff across a bridge, jump off a thing.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

What a terrible season. At least this way I can just read the results and watch it later if Tyler and Corey lost, and otherwise not waste my time. I never saw the terrible family season, but this is by far the worst I have seen.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

The legs have been garbage, and the teams not much better. I think I came away from the original cast with maybe 3 teams I liked, and I normally like about half the teams. The finale is 2 terrible teams and one good team, so it's not worth watching because you know the memory challenge is going to be a trainwreck for the 2 bad teams. I normally talk about AR with my mom, a more diehard fan than myself, but she dropped out after ep 3 or so. The thread has been dead. Just seems like the leg designers took the season off because they figured their social media stars would carry it, but the portion of their audience who even knows who these people are isn't that huge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Didn't watch because I figured Tyler and Korey would win, but that leg sounds like crap and a good representation of the season.

• Locked thread