Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

Toast posted:

Part of me wonders if this elimination mid leg was the plan (admittedly most likely) or if they gave Mike/Rachelle a break cause of the car thing. I can really see their producer/legal folks getting a call from the camera guy saying "this car's brakes are about to explode" and ordering them to stop now.

Yeah, it smells strongly of a production audible. On the other hand, it being a superleg couldn't be adlibbed, but they can adlib a mid-leg elimination.

No speed bump was mentioned, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
1 2 3!

Ariza posted:

Can they change the rules like that in the middle of a leg? I get confused by all of the laws that we have regarding game shows (if it is considered a game show). I remember a few seasons ago when the team forgot their passports at a gas station, the film crew specifically showed it happening but they couldn't say anything to the team about it.

When last place is caused by a production error, they will (either it's confirmed or strongly suspected) audible in a non-elimination leg since it would be unfair to eliminate them. I'm not sure how they get around Speedbumps in these cases; it could be that their time is credited.

Since they are designing the race on the fly, they can then kill a non-elim later on. I don't know if this actually happens, as the internal rules are very unknown, but it would make sense, like taking away late holidays in a school year to make up for snow days. Could also explain why so many Speedbumps seem like cheap, last-minute ideas. ("Sit on ice chairs for twenty minutes!")

Leaving your passport behind is not a production error, so that would never count. However, hypothetically, if you were last because your car got towed despite being in the designated area, that does seem like it would count. Or if you were pulled over because the race-supplied car had a tail light out. Or if your cameraman was injured and you had to wait for help. Things like that, I imagine, would count.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
1 2 3!
oh my god teams, stop whining and whinging about the goddamn uturn. This is for a million loving dollars, if you win and they don't then awesome, and if you won because you uturned them... Then awesome. Don't go on the show if you can't make a minor choice like that.

All this coming from the self-professed expert on the green team. If he really knew anything about the show he'd know that it doesn't loving matter if the uturned team survives, it's not like they have to live and work together on an island, it's not like they have any control over your race whatsoever except by retaliating the uturn, if even possible.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
1 2 3!
With the non-elimination combined with no prize for first place makes me think there was some major production fuckup and this was some major audible calling.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
1 2 3!
The women on the bus... their voices came closest to making me quit this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
1 2 3!
It was recorded in June, so it should be showing up in late Sept/early Oct...

• Locked thread