Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toast
Dec 7, 2002

GoonsWithSpoons.com :chef:Generalissimo:chef:
ugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I know but you'd think they would be way more obvious, or at least zoom in on the logo for the phone... Like make the teams be like, "Lets take a selfie with this Iphone 6."

Oh I'm sure it will be soon. There'll be a challenge to get a selfie with these X people in a town or something.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

Yeah the Doctor dude sure seems like he'd love to just leave her behind.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

I dunno, the whole episode screamed producer prodding way more than normal. Lady with the "we're getting married right?" comments every few seconds, the selfies particularly the group one, a few other comments.

Between that and the constant hashtags under team names, swipes across the screen whatever and the death slot I'm fearing that I'm going to be fastforwarding through the show a lot/missing an ep and not coming back just like last season. Do they really think this stuff is going to bring some new viewer in?

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

Dr Tran posted:

Also, that phone has a GPS on it, cheat you dummies.

I'm sure it's hard coded to off heh.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

Geez they are simply one of the worst teams in a while, both episodes they hosed around chatting when they should have been racing. Thank goodness it cost them the leg this time.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

also boo to the date night thing, trying way too hard to make this survivor.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

Part of me wonders if this elimination mid leg was the plan (admittedly most likely) or if they gave Mike/Rachelle a break cause of the car thing. I can really see their producer/legal folks getting a call from the camera guy saying "this car's brakes are about to explode" and ordering them to stop now.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

GaussianCopula posted:

When the team was not experienced enough to erase all production errors that caused delays to the contestants, they gave teams that suffered from the delays time credits. I'm very doubtful that they would audible in a non-elimination leg to save a team that had some kind of trouble.

They have in the past. I forget which season but there was a car safety issue I believe.

They've called audibles at least that big before, and the elimination at the cattle drive would have been easily set up since they would only have planned for 3 anyway. Getting from Trujillo to Dallas is a long enough set of flights that it would have been pretty easy to fudge the rest. Not saying it happened but it's certainly possible.

Also concur with everyone that that was underwhelming finale, it certainly beats the Vegas one though. Really the only thing that redeemed it was Hayley singlehandedly knocking her team out and being unable to blame Blair. I loved her screaming at him to direct the cab driver to something she saw by herself.

Here's hoping watching this she gets some introspection and realizes what a total harpy she was being but my fingers aren't exactly crossed for that.

I've been saying for years though: Give them professional drivers to direct using a map or something the last leg, having things decided by cab drivers for the finale is lame as hell.

Toast fucked around with this message at 00:40 on May 18, 2015

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

ApplesandOranges posted:

It was a little obvious when one of Jelani and Jenny's pictures had them celebrating getting their Express Pass.

I do feel this race dipped compared to the last; Laura and Tyler are a solid team but their competition isn't anything to write home about. Hayley/Blair should have self-destructed long ago, they weren't even fun to root against like Tim and Marie.

I kept finding myself really really hoping that they'd get in a foot race to stay in the race at some point and Blair would stop just short of the mat and just watch her scream as the other team approached and checked in "Peace out bitch!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

ApplesandOranges posted:

My guess is that they use taxis in the final leg to prevent any home turf advantage by any teams who either live in that state or have visited it enough to know their way around.

If a Texan team knew how to drive everywhere and even take local shortcuts then that's a significant advantage.

Actually the reason (that my mind is telling me was explained at some point in a behind the scenes interview) is it keeps the teams from being too dangerous while the adrenaline is pumping as they approach the final finish line.

I see absolutely zero problems with providing them a car and a driver who's instructed to only go where they tell him and provide no info. Solves the dumb cabbie problem anyway and the "advantage to people who's lived/visited there a lot" is already there with the cabbies at times anyway in the finales. We've seen people able to shortcut clues/jump ahead before. As long as they don't finish in a city where someone actually permanently lives (not that difficult through casting really) I think it would be a lot less unfair than watching one of the teams be eliminated by cab dunces seemingly every finale the past few years.

• Locked thread