Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Yeah honestly I was a huge skeptic but I have to say, the casting is great and if you just look at the blind date gimmick as "how would strangers fare at this", which is how most of those couples seem to be viewing it anyway, it's pretty entertaining

And the selfie thing would've been useless were it not for the grade A schadenfreude that we were given with the team missing their train due to their little video they were making

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

It's absurd to have papparazzi AND tmz people in the same season. Thankfully the latter got boned by that puzzle

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

PowerBuilder3 posted:

Do the contestants break for lunch during the day? I assume they eat in the morning before they are 'released' to start, and after they win, but is there a 'time out' mid-day?

nope. you just keep going. eat when you can. usually while waiting for a plane/bus/whatever

PowerBuilder3 posted:

What if someone has to go to the can?

usually you just hold it or go at an opportune time or if you're one particularly idiotic team from several years ago, you look for a bathroom immediately before you check in at the pitstop, take too long, and get eliminated as a result :laffo:

PowerBuilder3 posted:

Do the all stay in the same hotel?

yeah usually but this is largely unshown

PowerBuilder3 posted:

Do they eat together, with the crew?

I think they avoid this so that there's no risk of bias from the crew

PowerBuilder3 posted:

Are they given a fixed amount of cash per leg? I never noticed in past seasons the deal with cash, and having amounts 'left'.

yeah you get x amount per leg and it usually rolls over

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

there was an episode in Vietnam several years ago where they gave them their money in Vietnamese dong (lol) instead of dollars for some sort of legal reason.

Also anytime they go to Vietnam they use yellow and silver or yellow and white markers rather than the normal yellow and red because apparently the yellow and red reminds people of the former flag of South Vietnam

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

also I assume they convert cash right after they go through customs, which we also never see

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

R to the J posted:

Edit: But airports give you the worst rates!

if you're worrying about this you will not win the race

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

3peat posted:

In my country we have a stereotype about americans being stupid, and I swear this show is trying it's best to reinforce that stereotype to me. How the hell would none of them know the motto of the french revolution, which is like the most important event in the last 1000 years of human history? Even if they'd have a brain fart, how would they not remember it after seeing the first word? None of them even managed to pronounce those 3 words remotely right

The teams are:

-Two bros from Texas
-Two hicks from Alabama
-Two cheerleaders
-Two idiots whose entire professional life is devoted to taking pictures of Kim Kardashian
-Two doctors who, I'll grant you, have been to France before and as doctors you would hope would be smart but Rick has perhaps the single dumbest face I've ever seen
-Two news anchors who've got... lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eye
and an engaged couple who seem fine but not particularly worldly.

If you think this group of people is representative of Americans on the whole then its you who's the stupid one

Also seriously the French revolution being the most important event of the last millennium :lol:

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Andorra posted:

Flo yelled at Zach

that was the whole season

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

This leg was super bizarre, and I wonder if something happened where there was another leg planned and for whatever reason they weren't able to do it. It felt extremely cobbled together and just small in scale.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

i have no idea why people hate the green team so much

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Me am like show

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I think that was one of the best finales in years

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

That taxi driver was a weirdo

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

The good thing about next season is that the route is gonna be incredible

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Realityfanforum is a den of some of the absolute most insane :spergin: maniacs I've ever come across (seriously, the forum is horrendous) but they, without fail, figure out at least 90% of the route every season.

For anyone who wants to know it goes US (weirdly, each from their own hometown)->Mexico->Colombia(!)->Switzerland->France->Armenia(!)->Georgia(!)->UAE->Indonesia->China->US

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Golbez posted:

With the non-elimination combined with no prize for first place makes me think there was some major production fuckup and this was some major audible calling.

every. single. season

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Rick posted:

The second episode was a lot more tolerable to me for whatever reason. Colombia looks amazing.

I honestly don't think the teams are much worse than a typical season but yeah, the locations this season look to be fantastic so that should definitely compensate for any annoying people

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Tyler and Corey are awesome

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I don't think there's ever been a single non-elimination leg or 'to be continued' leg where someone on this forum hasn't called bullshit on it

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Andorra posted:

You guys actually like Tyler & Korey? :psyduck: I can't stand them, they're so annoying. They are by far my least favorite team of the season, so watch them win.

They get along with each other, don't seem to get into lovely fights with other teams, and seem to be having a great time. What's not to like about them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I think this season is good

• Locked thread