Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I hate the blind date gimmick but that was still an enjoyable first episode.

Man, don't do the dance on Amazing Race if you can avoid it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I think with a weaker cast all the gimmicks would probably put me off but the cast is strong enough that I'm enjoying this more than stuff in years.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I'm ok with good choice bad choice at this point in the season since it tends to harm people who aren't familiar with the show or very smart early on.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Baddog posted:

Cant believe they blurred the statue's naughty bits.

This was hilarious. They blurred something you could see in a grade school classroom.

I've really enjoyed this season so far. Kurt was lousy but he was gone quick enough that it didn't drag on the season. Haley would be amazingly difficult to race with but his hilarious in my living room, and she actually is quite likeable when she's being positive.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I haven't watched every season but the hip hop challenge might be the most dejected the people putting on the challenge show have ever seemed to me.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The Green Team checks off a lot of the boxes that usually make me not like a team on this show, but I dunno, I really dig them. I'm glad they were able to survive. I'll miss the cheerleaders though.

And as recently four weeks ago, I said to myself "hey who's that guy with the beard?" because I had just completely forgotten the paparazzi existed. I'm kind of surprised they're here at the end for as weak of an edit as they got basically until they ran out of other teams to talk about.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Factor Mystic posted:

I like it when racers are upbeat and try to engage the locals. It really beats the "ughhh get all the dirty brown people away from me" vibe lots of racers have given off in the past. Meanwhile Justin is high fiving everyone in sight and Diana is giving out temporary tattoos. I like that.

Ha, ok that explains a lot

Don't forget the middle-aged super dorks Diana handed out temporary tattoos to as well.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
This was rough. I'm not normally an anti-youtube type, in fact I respect the medium quite a bit, but they found some aggressively bad people. I'll put up with it a while longer because it's not the first or second time I've disliked most of the teams out of the gate but usually I come around.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The second episode was a lot more tolerable to me for whatever reason. Colombia looks amazing.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I got like half a panic attack watching those teams run around looking for the bags and the vendors.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Blair looks like a completely different person with a hat on.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Normally the dancing shows give me half a pani because I could never do choreographed dance thing but I liked this one because they basically just put everyone through who didn't go "aww shucks I suck" and stop dancing.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

Although it is amusing that Brodie is apparently super dumb and he can't be protected from doing tasks any longer.

I am enjoying this subplot.

And much respect to the Amazing Race editors, they usually do their job of making me like almost anyone after a long season and I'm mostly on board with all of these people, flaws and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Could be budget cuts too. Like, Survivor clearly has had its budget slashed but when that happens they can just make every other challenge a balance challenge of some sort and call it a day. You can't really do Amazing Race on the cheap I'd imagine. The show is well made, and I think even Sheri and Cole have finally grown on me through the power of television editing, but I don't really care who wins at this point.

• Locked thread