Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun
Ok that ship simulator was cool and I wanna play.

I'm not sorry to see the dentists go. You have to wonder if that's the first time they've actually used public transportation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun

ApplesandOranges posted:

There was a male team on the Amazing Race Asia who had some downtime and needed money so I think they basically went to a strip club and stripped for some money. I think they also won eight legs that season (so tying for most number of legs ever won in a season), but came in third place in the final leg.

It's been like eight years since I've watched it though, so I might be misremembering.

I would watch that. I can't remember anything other than begging when people needed money.

There was that one gay couple who had an overnight in one of the Asian stops, maybe Hong Kong? They spent some time shopping instead of resting for the next day.

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun
The music they played over that montage, ahaha.

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun
It got pushed back until about 8:45 pacific so if you're thinking you missed it, you still have 20 minutes.

E: honestly the best part was Phil talking to a local fan who showed up when they revealed where they were and said it would be a 45 minute delay. Location spoiler: They were in Mexico City at the Monument of the Revolution

hepscat fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Nov 16, 2015

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun

flynt posted:

The cheerleaders aren't my favorite but I would have felt so bad for them if they had to redo that detour because some random guy messed it up.

You didn't see any other women on bikes out there. I don't think that was "random guy" so much as sexual harassment . Both cheerleaders said they were feeling overwhelmed by the attention that day.

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun

jivjov posted:

Part of me feels bad for the cheerleaders, especially because I know that I have a great deal of trouble opening my eyes underwater...but man; 5 tries at one challenge....you kinda deserve the loss at the point.

I think it was a brutal challenge to have to repeat if you're just a casual swimmer. But anyway, I'm happy with the final three teams. The dancers had so many confused moments this season they didn't deserve that spot.

This seemed like another short leg with not much to do. I'm not sure what's up with that.

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun

Riptor posted:

I think that was one of the best finales in years

I agree! They really balanced the tasks well. I guess they learned something from that horrible Vegas finale after all.

I don't know if they publicize what 2nd place earns but you can't help but wonder what 8 Travelocity trips plus the 2nd place prize is.

I'm irritated at next season's hook, but maybe I'm a grumpy Old. I guess it will pull in a certain amount of viewers if they all have large instagram followings.

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun

Riptor posted:

The good thing about next season is that the route is gonna be incredible

You know the route? I only know the destination they live streamed monumento de la revolucion, mexico d.f.

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun
Except they play to the cameras as the "profession". I mean, what else do they do, I don't really care, but doesn't it boil down to that? I'm not going to dig one up to watch. /lazy

I would bet the newscasters are 100% straight, no humor on camera. They weren't at all zany as Racers.

Riptor posted:

Realityfanforum is a den of some of the absolute most insane :spergin: maniacs I've ever come across (seriously, the forum is horrendous) but they, without fail, figure out at least 90% of the route every season.

For anyone who wants to know it goes US (weirdly, each from their own hometown)->Mexico->Colombia(!)->Switzerland->France->Armenia(!)->Georgia(!)->UAE->Indonesia->China->US

:D Thanks for that. Fan forums certainly have their uses! Now we have to wait until February.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hepscat
Jan 16, 2005

Avenging Nun

Septimius posted:

Stop helping each other!

Right? Come on, you're the top six!

That leg would have been so much funner if they weren't so bunched up. Delivering the snakes/offerings was basically just everyone following each other. Why couldn't they have wandered around lost with snakes around their necks, is all I'm saying.

• Locked thread