Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrDingleDangle
Apr 15, 2005

The win of a lifetime, twice.
I like the teams mostly this year, I dont like the challenges, nothing has been too hard. Like tonight, in past seasons when they had to sing, even in a foreign language, they had to memorize it. Each episode some team gets out first early and it just remains that way, there is only leap frogging like 1 or 2 teams in a task, the only task (except driving stick) that caused any team any major trouble was dancing.

Ill really like this season IF the tasks get harder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrDingleDangle
Apr 15, 2005

thedaian posted:

This is pretty much my complaint with this season. I want to see interesting, complex challenges that allow teams to change positions and get through the legs via skill. What's happened so far is most of the challenges are purely a "this takes X time, this takes Y time", especially the detours with one task clearly taking a lot longer than the other. Most of the time, the seasons start a bit slow and the challenges ramp up, though sometimes the final leg is utterly disappointing (be the first person to find the helicopter ride place!) There hasn't really been anything that slowed down a team when they're at a challenge this year, though, except for the dancing in Japan. The two teams that ended up being behind this leg did so because they couldn't drive stick and they got lost. That was about it. This is probably one of the first times I've seen so many racers on the mat together leg after leg.

At least the teams are all generally worth watching, especially the doctor looking at the camera whenever his date from hell starts complaining.

yeah there is a reason that each episode the order seems totally random, it is hard to say which teams are really the strongest so far, my guess is the Olympians too

Also was annoyed that NKOTB got knocked out because they picked the wrong counter to go to at the airport, there got to the airport before a lot of teams, but after the first flight filled up, they picked the wrong airline to go to at first and for 2 legs had zero chance to catch up.

MrDingleDangle
Apr 15, 2005

I was a late starter to the amazing race (season 12 was my first), so have gone back and watched since old seasons in hulu,so far watched seasons 6 and 7

First of all a couple observation, the tasks were a lot more physical and a lot less talent based, there were absolutely no singing or dancing. So I kind of like that as no one gets caught in a task they just can't do.

Second, it's obvious the rest periods were a lot less, simply by the fact of the lack of any makeup on any of the racers. Not sure how Kynt and Vixon would have survived these early years.

The 1 thing I can't stand is the non elimination penalty, I can't stand the begging, especially when it happens in undeveloped countries.

What season did they end the begging aspect of the show? I know speed bumps sometimes are pointless, but it's a lot better then begging. I don't even mind the taking of possessions, but the no money sucks.

MrDingleDangle
Apr 15, 2005

I dont think its too much different than normal. I see why they did it though, i went by the Reddit thread and it was like 80% first time viewers, so they are getting a new demographic.

I put the teams into these categories as first impressions (I have only seen Zach's vines and some of Burnies videos before, but randomly, didnt really know they were social media stars).

Fun to watch
Zach and Rachel
Dana and Matt
Burnie and Ashley

Could go either way
Kurt and Brodie (one of them was really loud, if that continues I will dislike them)
Tyler and Korey (as long as they dont play to the camera too much could be really good)

forgettable
Darius and Cameron (could be good, still somewhat undecided)
Erin and Joslyn
Jessica and Brittany

Please be the first to go
Marty and Hagan (nothing against them but know they wont win)
Scott and Blair (again not going to win)
Sheri and Cole (PLEASE GET ELIMINATED!!!!!)

MrDingleDangle
Apr 15, 2005

qbert posted:

Was the green team the one that was loudly insulting the cabbie while he was driving them but then justified it as okay because "He doesn't understand English so it's not rude!"?

yes, he was a mixed bags, at times his annoyingness was understandable for failing at the amazing race which was his dream, he literally did a pretend amazing race with his g/f through multiple countries, so he is a little odd.

on the other hand he was just mean a lot too

MrDingleDangle
Apr 15, 2005

Yeah the team that couldn't buy plane tickets seem like they are barely trying, hope they start playing. Cole still seems annoying but was barely shown this episode

MrDingleDangle
Apr 15, 2005

I thought that was one of the most boring episodes I've ever seen. If it wasn't for miscounting the money out wouldn't have even been close.

Also the top 4 teams seem pretty obvious, hopefully the tasks get harder soon

MrDingleDangle
Apr 15, 2005

thedaian posted:

Train bunching! Right at the end!

The team that got last probably would have been in the bunch as well, if they had run, instead of slowly walked to the connecting train.

yeah, they deserved to be eliminated just for that. The last two episodes were very underwhelming, how did it take some teams so long to figure out the map of 4 rows of flags was the same order as the 4 rows of flags? I mean it was a permanent structure, i was confused why they were just guessing at the start

This season hopefully will get better when its down to less teams

Tyler/Korey
Burnie/Ashley
Dana/Matt
Kurt/Brodie

seem to be the only ones trying really hard. I thought Zach and Rachel would do better

MrDingleDangle
Apr 15, 2005

Yeah the views were great, but this season hasn't had a hard challenge yet, pretty annoying. 2 weeks off I assume because of March madness sucks

MrDingleDangle fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Mar 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrDingleDangle
Apr 15, 2005

No fall Amazing Race? I know it was renewed, but its not on the schedule, is this the end? I hope not!

• Locked thread