Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

oldskool posted:

Am I the only one who made giant one-floor houses because I was completely incapable of remembering I had a second floor/basement and would constantly forget where my non-free-will Sims had been abandoned?

I used to play The Sims a bit and I've got The Sims 3 now, and I find multiple storey houses just a massive pain in the arse in both of them. The fact that adding a floor means you can't see the entire house all at once is just such a huge disadvantage. It doesn't help that I don't particularly like the house-building part of the game and tend to just use pre-made houses, and most of them have two floors. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Captain Sheepy posted:

Second stories are a little useful for relatively small houses on relatively small lots, so you wouldn't have to move the camera much when switching back and forth. Ideally though, you'll want enough space, so in The Sims 1 which has the worst path-finding/AI in any of the games in the series, I wouldn't really recommend it. To my surprise, the house I built in the LP is actually a bit bigger than the Goth residence by square feet, and that's a mansion! I didn't really have scale in mind at this point yet, so our little ranch isn't so little after all. Good enough for us I suppose, since even the Goth house is a bit crowded with three people already.

IIRC playing as the Goths was always a bit of a pain because of how cramped their house was.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

JcDent posted:

Another thing: do Sim optimization paths support existence of Broseph Sim or Bored Housewives of SimCity? One does the social thing, the other cleans house and all that jazz.

Do you mean, can you successfully do that? If so, yes. That's how I always used to play, with three or four person households where one made the money, one made the friends, one kept the place clean and cooked the meals.

• Locked thread