Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

oldskool posted:

Am I the only one who made giant one-floor houses because I was completely incapable of remembering I had a second floor/basement and would constantly forget where my non-free-will Sims had been abandoned?
2 Sims Lane. gently caress that house. This is the house my sister had her family in, which was a slightly modified version of our family. My father and mother, my sister and Robbie Williams (complete with a Robbie sim face), and finally my brother and I (This was before Unleashed was a thing so no pets, but the game chugged on our PC already with 6 sims).

There is a second floor to this house. That floor is irrelevant. Because every lived on the ground floor.
That bottom room was converted into a kitchen/living room, bathroom for the tiled room, the entry way just looked pretty,the room with the fireplace was a second living room. The more northern room was split into a bedroom and another bathroom.
The second floor was completely decked out but the Sims never really bothered to use it. Even with the beds being up there they always just crashed on the floor or a couch. The autonomous AI in the base game + that first expansion was pretty... not very good...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

I know it's convenient to blame everything on the big bad EA, but Spore's failures were mainly Wright's own. When other people tried to fix it, they encountered a fundamentally broken product that did nothing right and could be at best a bit polished.
I like to think it's a combo of Wright wanting to do something like he did in the 90's (SimEarth/Ant/Copter/etc) and exec meddling.

• Locked thread