Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

As someone whose played every Sims game except for 4, TS1 has a very unique feel. Like, it almost seems like a different franchise to me. TS2 and TS3 feel far more related than TS1 and TS2 do to me, probably because the new features in TS2 completely changed the way you played the game. Unless you were one of those lame people who kept aging off, I guess. But as much nostalgia I have for TS1 and as much as I think it has the best non-OFB expansions in the series, I find it really hard to go back to a time before days of the week with days off and before aging and legacy play.

But TS1 really has a lot of charm that no game in the series has ever matched. When I was a kid, I read the description of every single object I got in a new pack, but starting from TS2, it wasn't the same. Could've been aging too I guess, but it's an experience I won't get back. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Captain Sheepy posted:

I like to think about how the Simoleon/U.S Dollar exchange rate must be like sometimes.

Especially since some objects are really underpriced and some are really over priced.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

oldskool posted:

Am I the only one who made giant one-floor houses because I was completely incapable of remembering I had a second floor/basement and would constantly forget where my non-free-will Sims had been abandoned?

Double-click on their portraits. The camera goes to them.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Captain Sheepy posted:

I'm not sure how many of you have heard of this already, but since it's a bit relative to the thread I figured I'd mention that as of today, Electronic Arts has officially shut down Maxis Studios.

Fun fact: when I first saw the Lufia 2 thread I read its title as "Maxis dies at the end" and assumed it was a Sims 2 LP.

...Or maybe not a fun fact.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

steinrokkan posted:

Also I hope you aren't trying to lump TS4 together with the SimCity... thing.

Why not? They only reason TS4 only sucks instead of completely blows is that they dropped the always-online Olympus model after SimCity 5 crashed and burned.

• Locked thread