Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
Looks like they're doing daily updates about Dasher's Cibernetico draft picks.

So far, Heidi Lovelace and N_R_G are on his team, leaving four more slots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Looks like they're doing daily updates about Dasher's Cibernetico draft picks.

So far, Heidi Lovelace and N_R_G are on his team, leaving four more slots.

Amasis, Ophidian, Oleg, and either Ashley or Shynron?

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

DM Punk posted:

Amasis, Ophidian, Oleg, and either Ashley or Shynron?

I could see the Portal being in on the Cibernetico, yeah, and Shynron absolutely.

But putting Ashley in there risks repeating too much of last year, where Ashley feuded with JFDC over who had the better German Suplex.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Seriously tempted to go play mini golf with chikara for charity

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Updated Season Finale Card--

Triple Threat for the Grand Championship of Chikara
Hallowicked defends vs Icarus vs Eddie Kingston

Challenge of the Immortals Finals
The Wrecking Crew (Max Smashmaster, Blaster McMassive, Flex Rumblecrunch, Jaka) vs Crown & Court (Princess Kimber Lee, Jervis Cottonbelly, El Hijo del Ice Cream, Ice Cream Jr.)

The End of an Era?
Fire Ant vs Soldier Ant

Nightmare Warriors No More
Frightmare vs Silver Ant

100% Natural Good-Times Family Cibernetico
Camp Coronado (Juan Francisco de Coronado, Mr. Azerbaijan, Proletariat Boar of Moldova, Prakash Sabar, Jakob Hammermeier, Wani, Pinkie Sanchez, Mr. Touchdown)
vs
Team Hatfield (Dasher Hatfield, Heidi Lovelace, Hype Rockwell, Race Jaxon, Worker Ant, Oleg the Usurper, Amasis, Estonian Farmerfrog)

Top Trios Tussle
The Gentleman's Club (Chuck Taylor, Drew Gulak, Orange Cassidy) vs The Batiri (Obariyon, Kodama, Kobald)

Trios Match
The Snake Pit (Ophidian, Argus, Shynron) vs Battleborn (Snowflake, Lucas Calhoun, Missile Assault Man)

Rumored: Argus vs Snowflake

Jay 2K Winger fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Nov 28, 2015

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Based on some tweets, it looks like it Knight be Argus, Ophidian, and Sharon vs Battleborn now.

That leaves Amasis, Ashley Remington, and someone else for Dasher's team. Maybe Arctic Rescue Ant?

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

DM Punk posted:

Based on some tweets, it looks like it Knight be Argus, Ophidian, and Sharon vs Battleborn now.

That leaves Amasis, Ashley Remington, and someone else for Dasher's team. Maybe Arctic Rescue Ant?

Yeah, Condron/{Snowflake} posted a blog on Chikara's site today that suggests it'll be Argus/Ophidian/Shynron vs Snowflake/Calhoun/Missile.

I think we'll see Oleg on Dasher's team, based on some tweets.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Yeah, Condron/{Snowflake} posted a blog on Chikara's site today that suggests it'll be Argus/Ophidian/Shynron vs Snowflake/Calhoun/Missile.

I think we'll see Oleg on Dasher's team, based on some tweets.

I feel Oleg should win the match this year.

Also, I had a friend take care of buying tickets to the show the other day and there were enough front row seats for her to ask me which side would be preferable. That's... not very promising for Chikara, but this has been an incredibly mild season, so I shouldn't be surprised.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Confirmed on the Event Center-- Trios match between Snake Pit (Ophidian/Argus/Shynron) vs Battleborn.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Gavok posted:

I feel Oleg should win the match this year.

Also, I had a friend take care of buying tickets to the show the other day and there were enough front row seats for her to ask me which side would be preferable. That's... not very promising for Chikara, but this has been an incredibly mild season, so I shouldn't be surprised.

Yeah, looked at the ECW Arena site and you can get a grasp on ticket sales based on the individual tickets available. Not too good at the moment. Hopefully people are just waiting til the last moment before buying. The card is pretty good and most of the matches have good storylines behind them.

I am really looking forward to it.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

And Dasher's Squad is complete with Oleg, Amasis and Farmer Frog.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

DM Punk posted:

Yeah, looked at the ECW Arena site and you can get a grasp on ticket sales based on the individual tickets available. Not too good at the moment. Hopefully people are just waiting til the last moment before buying. The card is pretty good and most of the matches have good storylines behind them.

I am really looking forward to it.

The ECW Arena is just a hard sell now, I think even for the recent shows with ROH/NJPW there were still seats left.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

The ECW Arena is just a hard sell now, I think even for the recent shows with ROH/NJPW there were still seats left.

I think you'll see CHIKARA do a LOT more shows at the Wrestle Factory next year. They already got 3 our of the first 4 shows being there. I've heard from people in the know that CHIKARA isn't going to do as much touring in 2016 as they did this year.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

The ones in May were def a sellout, don't know about the return in August as I went to the FoH show in Brooklyn instead.

Goldaline
Dec 21, 2006

my dear

Thauros posted:

The ones in May were def a sellout, don't know about the return in August as I went to the FoH show in Brooklyn instead.

They were as well, at least all the "seats" were because I had to stand like a chump the whole show. The last Chikara show there was pretty well attended, but the ROH/NJPW shows are cram packed.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Card looks to be complete now.

Chikara Pro
"Top Banana"
2300 Arena, Philadelphia, PA
Doors Open at 6pm - Belltime 7pm

Grand Championship Main Event Bout
Hallowicked defends vs Icarus vs Eddie Kingston

Challenge of the Immortals Finals
The Wrecking Crew (Max Smashmaster, Blaster McMassive, Flex Rumblecrunch, Jaka)
vs
Crown & Court (Princess Kimber Lee, Jervis Cottonbelly, El Hijo del Ice Cream, Ice Cream Jr.)

The End of an Era?
Fire Ant vs Soldier Ant

Nightmare Warriors No More
Silver Ant vs Frightmare

100% Natural Good-Times Family Cibernetico
Coronado's Squad (Juan Francisco de Coronado, Mr. Azerbaijan, Proletariat Boar of Moldova, Prakash Sabar, Jakob Hammermeier, Wani, Pinkie Sanchez, Mr. Touchdown)
vs
Hatfield's Squad (Dasher Hatfield, Heidi Lovelace, Race Jaxon, Hype Rockwell, Worker Ant, Oleg the Usurper, Amasis, FarmerFrog)

Top Trios Tussle
Gentleman's Club (Chuck Taylor, Orange Cassidy, Drew Gulak)
vs
The Batiri (Obariyon, Kodama, Kobald)

Six-Man Tag Team Explosion
The Snake Pit (Ophidian, Argus, Shynron)
vs
Battleborn (Snowflake, Lucas Calhoun, Missile Assault Man)

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
No Ashley Remington is a bummer. I guess his ROH schedule limited his Chikara stuff cause he hasn't done much this year.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

DM Punk posted:

No Ashley Remington is a bummer. I guess his ROH schedule limited his Chikara stuff cause he hasn't done much this year.

He's busy trying to get his boys back.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
This is the least excited I've been for an end of the season grand championship match. Unless they have some interesting plans for Icarus, I don't want to see either Kingston or Icarus leave with the title.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

syzpid posted:

This is the least excited I've been for an end of the season grand championship match. Unless they have some interesting plans for Icarus, I don't want to see either Kingston or Icarus leave with the title.

The winner of the COTI gets a shot at the title anytime they want, right? What if Kimber Lee's team wins and then she enters the title match? That would be fun.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

syzpid posted:

Based on incidents from early in the season, I'm almost certain that the original plan was for UltraMantis to win the Grand Championship from Hallowicked at the finale, but that didn't pan out for obvious reasons.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Gavok posted:

Based on incidents from early in the season, I'm almost certain that the original plan was for UltraMantis to win the Grand Championship from Hallowicked at the finale, but that didn't pan out for obvious reasons.

:(

Now you've made me extra sad :(

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Those medallion things that Icarus and Kingston both brought out at the last Wrestle Factory show, which led into the Triple Threat match being booked, are apparently going to be the new thing going forward. The winners of the COTI final will each get three to use to cash in whenever they want.

They're also now selling them in the ChikaraPro.com store. Limit 2 per customer.

Makes me wonder if they'll pull an angle where some rudo buys two from the store and then takes the one they earn for winning a match to try to cheat the system.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Those medallion things that Icarus and Kingston both brought out at the last Wrestle Factory show, which led into the Triple Threat match being booked, are apparently going to be the new thing going forward. The winners of the COTI final will each get three to use to cash in whenever they want.

They're also now selling them in the ChikaraPro.com store. Limit 2 per customer.

Makes me wonder if they'll pull an angle where some rudo buys two from the store and then takes the one they earn for winning a match to try to cheat the system.

$50 is kind of crazy for a prop. Although, I guess anyone who buys them deserves to be ripped off.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Wait do the captains only get the medalions or do the other team mates each get one?

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

Wait do the captains only get the medalions or do the other team mates each get one?

Every member of the winning COTI team gets three medallions.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB6H9ACFVD0

Hype video for the Triple Threat Grand Championship match. Chikara notables-- including appearances by Jigsaw and Gran Akuma-- answering the question of who they think wins the match.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Gavok posted:

yea, I was going to mention that. Given how crazy the reaction was when he won Trios, I think if he won the Grand Championship the roof would have blown off the place. Less Ultramantis really makes me sad. I hope they can figure out a way to keep him around.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Real good Eddie Kingston promo in this week's Event Center. Like, really good..

https://youtu.be/qD_yvkHKsRE

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Seriously tempted to go play mini golf with chikara for charity

I'll be there! Look for the guy smashing his clubs out of frustration at being terrible.

Edit: well that was a fun afternoon! I did not expect to spend a Saturday playing mini golf with wrestlers in a run-down old building amidst urban decay, but it was a pretty great time all around. And I hit an entirely intentional trick hole-in-one off a wall so no clubs were smashed.

The nerd herd gathers.

Oleg was puzzled by this modern game of hitting balls with sticks.

Heels gonna heel.

We were right behind this group of actual children. It was a good time.

Jakob absolutely wrecked Dasher at basketball. Shame there wasn't a baseball game!

Somebody got caught cheating.

They ran a JFDC vs. a fan match which was a total work, including inadvertent nut shot to Prakash.

Interesting venue!

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Dec 5, 2015

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Archibald Peck appeared via time travel and stole the 2015 almanac, fulfilling what he wrote about in a blog post in 2011. He read about his murder and freaked out.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Got some other results for us?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Quick results:

Snake Pit beat Battleborn
Frightmare beat Silver Ant
Batiri beat Gentleman's Club
Juan Francisco won Cibernetico
Soldier vs. Fire ended in no contest due to hugging
Crown and Court beat Wrecking Crew

Main event is starting. More details later.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Gavok posted:

Soldier vs. Fire ended in no contest due to hugging

This is the best :shobon:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Kimber Lee cashed in her little medallion thing from winning the Challenge of the Immortals, and wins the Grand Championship from Hallowicked.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I tapped out CHIKARA this year but tonight seemed like really good, feel good show that I need to get the VOD of.

There were a few jokes on Twitter about the show being an apology or reboot too.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Kimber Lee cashed in her little medallion thing from winning the Challenge of the Immortals, and wins the Grand Championship from Hallowicked.

Cool as gently caress

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
That was the best non KOT CHIKARA show I've ever been apart of. And it gives KOT 2011 and 2012 a run for its money too.

Top to bottom excellent show with multiple surprises. Really a feel good show overall. For the first time in a while, it had a true CHIKARA vibe to it.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

More detailed results:

1) Battleborn (Snowflake, Missile Assault Man and Juke Joint Lucas Calhoun) vs. Snake Pit (Ophidian, Shynron and Argus): Ophidian hypnotized Juke Joint and challenged him to a martial arts battle. Juke Joint did Elvis Presley karate while Ophidian did snake style kung fu. Actually really cool and ended with Ophidian doing a one-inch punch to take him down. At the end of the match, it was just Snowflake and Argus in the ring with Snowflake begging off, yelling, "It's me, Kevin! Argus, it's Kevin! Please!" Argus beat him with some kind of modified World's Strongest Slam.

2) Silver Ant vs. Frightmare: Really solid match. It didn't hit me until halfway in that these two guys are not only two of the best guys on the roster, but despite being around forever, they've rarely, if ever, wrestled each other. It felt fresh and they had fantastic chemistry. Silver Ant put Frightmare in an ankle lock for the second time and Frightmare reversed it into a pin.

3) Batiri (Kodama, Obaryon and Kobald) vs. Gentleman's Club (Chuck Taylor, Drew Gulak and Orange Cassidy): Good comedy match, mainly from the GC. Chuck brought back the grenade, put it in one of the Batiri guys' pants and gave him an atomic drop. Everyone sold the blast and fell over/out of the ring. Cassidy double chokeslammed Kodama and Obaryon, put on his sunglasses and turned around into a Kobald spear to lose.

After the match, Quack was introduced and came to the ring to show off the first copy of the new Chikara 2015 Yearbook. The lights suddenly turned out and when they came back on, Archie was in the ring, confused. He shoved Quack and stole the book. He flipped around, giggled for a bit, then seemed to have caught the part about his death in 2014. He freaked out and ran through the crowd, desperately yelling, "NOBODY TOUCH ME!"

4) Cibernatico Match of Team Dasher (Dasher Hatfield, Heidi Lovelace, Race Jackson, Hype Rockwell, Oleg the Usurper, Worker Ant, Farmer Frog and Amasis) vs. Team Juan Francisco (Juan Francisco de Coronado, Prakash Sabar, Proletariat Boar, Mr. Azerbaijan, Jakob Hammermeier, Pinkie Sanchez, Wani and Mr. Touchdown): If this was an iPPV, this would have killed the show dead. I mean, with the intermission included, it was a 4 hour show. The Cibernetico was fine for the most part, but it was 50 minutes long and was mostly for people who otherwise didn't have a role on the card. The Wrestlemania battle royal, if you will, only not on the pre-show and not only a few minutes long.

Wani is basically supposed to be a Tajiri/Muta type and does a lot of the creepy stalking movements. He wears a luchador kabuki hybrid mask.

Mr. Azerbaijan was eliminated immediately. He took down both straps and walked right into a roll-up from Dasher.

The BDK guys took out four guys on their own, cleanly. Things didn't start to go wrong for them until Jakob tried putting his legs on the ropes and referee (and former BDK ref) Sabato refused to count. That'll be important for later.

Mr. Touchdown seemed pretty down in the dumps about everything that's happened to him lately and was incredibly reluctant to face Heidi and Dasher. In the end, it was Dasher vs. Pinkie, Juan Francisco and Touchdown. He got past Pinkie. When Dasher was on the apron, Juan Francisco shoved Touchdown into him, which knocked Dasher into the railing. Dasher couldn't make the 20 count and right at the end of the count, Juan Francisco grabbed Touchdown from behind for a German suplex and won.

5) Soldier Ant vs. Fire Ant: If it wasn't so overbooked with drama in the end, this would be a MOTY contender. Jakob in Soldier's corner with Silver in Fire's corner. Silver got taken out early on. Fire and Soldier brawled around the arena. Fire would've won, but Jakob saved Soldier by putting his leg on the rope. Fans would occasionally chant "PLEASE REMEMBER" and Soldier would grab his head in pained confusion. He also tore off one of Fire's antennae.

In the end, Jakob got in an argument with Sabato about not helping him cheat to win. As they got into it in the ring, Soldier stalked behind Sabato. Sabato dodged a knockout punch from Jakob, which hit Soldier instead. Soldier didn't go down, but stood bent over, grabbing his head. He looked over and Fire weakly walked up to him with his fists up, ready to fight. After a bit of hesitation, Soldier saluted to a HUGE pop and Fire immediately collapsed. Soldier threw Jakob from the ring. Silver returned and looked ready to fight. Instead, Soldier saluted and they hugged. Worker Ant hobbled out to a "PLEASE BE FRIENDS" chant and Soldier ended up saluting him. Worker pulled Soldier's hand down and took out the King of Trios 2011 medallion that Wink Vavasseur gave him years ago, placing it around Soldier's neck. Fire got up and the two embraced. Sabato decided to call off the match and the four ants raised their hands in the ring. Then Soldier saluted each side of the crowd before leaving.

6) Crown and Court (Princess Kimber Lee, Jervis Cottonbelly, Ice Cream Jr. and El Hijo del Ice Cream) vs. Wrecking Crew (Blaster McMassive, Max Smashmaster, Flex Rumblecrunch and Jaka): Very fun match based on C&C being total underdogs. Kimber Lee spent most of it out of action due to being crushed by a Smashmaster moonsault. In the end, she got her second wind and came in to clean house by dropping each Wrecking Crew member with German suplexes, ending with Smashmaster. Ended up pinning Blaster with an alligator clutch. After winning, she excitedly kissed Jervis, who passed out. Bryce awarded all of them with three gold discs each.

7) Hallowicked vs. Icarus vs. Eddie Kingston. Hallowicked and Icarus had some awesome gear tonight. Especially Hallowicked's black ram skull helmet. Amazing match that was practically non-stop. At one point Icarus looked to legit kick Kingston in the face super hard and it appeared to knock him loopy for a bit. By the end of the match, Icarus was laying on the apron, unconscious. Hallowicked did a running boot to Kingston and Kingston spun into a backfist. Both went down with Kingston landing on Hallowicked. Hallowicked kicked out, they got back up and Hallowicked ended up landing his new hooked-leg DDT move. He pinned Kingston and retained. Bryce had people come out to carry Icarus and Kingston to get them medical attention backstage.

Kimber Lee ran out a minute or so later to cash in one of her Challenge of the Immortals discs. She took it to an exhausted Hallowicked for a moment as Frightmare ran out to interfere. Jervis dragged him away. Later, Blind Rage ran out for the rescue. Los Ice Creams dragged him away. Hallowicked took over and started hitting his various finishers (except the DDT move, which he couldn't connect with). Each time, Kimber Lee kicked out. She eventually took him down and locked in the Chikara Special, forcing him to tap.

After the show, she went to the gimmick table and had fans take pictures with her. At one point, Smashmaster walked over, glared at her, silently nodded out of respect and walked away. It was cool.

Also cool: Max Smashmaster had Ed Grimley hair for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I still feel like after the initial tournament they didn't know what to do with a singles championship now that they had it, but that's a fantastic payoff.

• Locked thread