Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

they've been hyping up the fact that everything is on a single chip and how it took tons of R&D to make that happen so i am betting heavily on it being upgradable. watch the Edition sell out and be backlogged for months because of constraints on gold or something absurd like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

triple sulk posted:

if you really, genuinely think that they are charging 10k for a gold watch then you are dumb

the number of people with crippling credit card debt who will buy the poo poo out of it to feel better about themselves is far too great to charge an amount that they can't afford in the more literal sense. so you can have 10k people buy it at $10k a pop, or 50k people buy it at $3k

you think it's targeted at rich people, but surprise, cause in reality it's targeted at poors. h t h

you are projecting

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

infernal machines posted:

yes, if you assume apple is going to completely turn their proven successful business models on end specifically for this one niche market product line, then sure it'll be upgradable

it makes sense in as much as it's the only way to sell a $10k watch that would otherwise be obsolete trash in a year

they turned their business on its end to release a giant iphone. you think apple is still following some script that they haven't followed since before steve jobs died. The watch will be upgradable because they want people to see it as a luxury item and not a disposable piece of electronics.

Also this won't be niche it's going to sell like crazy even if you think it is stupid.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

nope they are selling like crazy because they are universally hated

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

infernal machines posted:

they don't have to be good products to sell well, see samsung phones circa 2010-2013

yeah man it is totally the same, selling a premium priced phone and gaining massive market share is literally teh same as giving your phones massive subsidies through your bloated marketing budget

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

apple watch is going to make apple a trillion dollar company

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

its going to be a really good watch and going to sell so many units it will be supply constrained until june

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Tim don't lie you don't ever sully your mouth with a coca cola

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Beeftweeter posted:

oh yeah also worse battery life than the current mba even though its way slower lol

it's retina.... the retina MBP had worse battery life than the regular ones

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Smythe posted:

my cremnob honeypot...

68 posts in the apple event thread
2 hour probe per post
136 hours
5.6 days
round to nearest valid probe duration
7 day probe

nice

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

this seems like a bigger number than $3999 what gives sulk?

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Beeftweeter posted:

youre still going to need some weirdo squid dongle to plug in pretty much anything to it so idk it seems poorly thought out to me

maybe the charging brick will have usb ports on it?

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Tangra posted:

ah yes, time is cyclical after all - the times where people are mugged for their wristwatches is again upon us

long live timb

i bet they are tied to the phones activation lock making a stolen apple watch just worth the cost of metal in it

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

so he can quote you and bold specific points of the post and type "LOL NO"

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Sniep posted:

here's an important facet to consider as you build your mental flowcharts or whatever aspergerism is going on here

google glasses: image net reduction
watch: image net gain

google glass was super stylish

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Stymie posted:

this is objectively incorrect

watch the release of the original iphone, steve calls out by name products that would be its closest competitors feature-wise and iphone is completely differentiated

the ceo of blackberry, the undisputed leader in email-capable phones at the time, thought that the iphone was 100% fake, that's how different it was

the ipod keynote doesn't call out any competitors

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Wootman posted:

are your pants so tight that you have a hard time taking it out?

look at this unstylish nerd who is still using the skinny jeans meme in 2015

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

PuTTY riot posted:

what happened to homekit?????

probably going into more detail at WWDC, it really isn't a thing everyday people give a gently caress about

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Beeftweeter posted:

yeah i would be really surprised if they didnt kill it off in favor of usb type c

lightning is only usb 2 ffs

lightning can do all sorts of poo poo with different signalling chips in it, i would be super surprised if it can't do full speed usb3.0 there is just no reason for them to support it since the flash can't write that fast

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Smythe posted:

im a low end macbook fan. in my hosed up reality powerful compters belong on desks and laptops can be gimpy

if you think about it, with inflation this new macbook is probably cheaper than the old white macbook,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Wootman posted:

retina is literally nothing special

this is absolute bullshit, since the iphone 4 everything has been going towards way higher resolution displays because things that aren't high res look like garbage

• Locked thread