Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

tim owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I'm predicting mild, lukewarm success, better than the naysayers are claiming but worse than Tim and cremnob are hoping for

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

cremnob posted:

*computer janitors for a living*

"it's a stupid product that makes no sense and has no coherent usecase"

fuckin lol

yea gross nerds said this about the iphone and ipad too

im not saying its gonna be as successful as the iphone or ipad but we've definitely heard this record before

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

tim pls

pls ship the watch tim

tim

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

The Management posted:

the best part of the apple watch is the nerd rage it generates. I don't even care about the watch, I just want more angry posts about watches. can't wait until Monday!

same

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

tim owns

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

PleasureKevin posted:

find the idiot who said no retina in non Pro macs and quote and ban them

i said there wouldn't be a retina macbook air and I was right ok :colbert:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

nobody has ever asked themselves "what is the top trend on twitter rn i wish i knew"
sometimes i ask for a laugh and it's always 100% of the time "a bunch of poo poo I don't understand or care about"

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Tiny Bug Child posted:

idk whether i'm gonna get a the new macbook, or a new macbook air. i don't like that the new macbook only has one hole and it's a combined usb/power/video hole. that's not cool it just means you have to attach some ugly squid-like splitting device to it. i also don't like that it's only 12" and has hosed up arrow keys. plus i am really suspicious of it not having a fan; my air sounds like it's trying to take off if i leave more than half a dozen tabs open. and 1.1 ghz? cmon.
you should buy the MacBook Pro with Retina display (15-inch, Mid 2014, 2.8GHz), op

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

The Devil Tesla posted:

actually it does for some people but it just puts it to sleep you can hit it again and wake it back up not a big deal

you have to hold it down for like a second before it actually sleeps the machine

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

uncurable mlady posted:

i don't really see what else you'd want a wrist phone companion to do other than what apple is throwing out there

not have to be charged daily

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the surface pro has a real USB port though not this weird new poo poo

also you can use the USB port and charge the battery at the same time

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

buy both!

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

MacBook Helium

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

the lenovo yoga may be thinner by the width of a few human hairs but for this convenience you now own a lenovo yoga

*not pictured: chinese malware they install at the factory

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Smythe posted:

i had the 15" mbp with a c2d and glossy screen it was dope as hell but then the motherboard died
same but matte and they replaced the motherboard for free

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Beeftweeter posted:

the real question is why would you want to look at photos on something the size of a postage stamp
jobs himself unveiled the ipod nano with the ability to display photos on its tiny screen and he hyped the poo poo out of it

i didn't get it then and idon't get it now but they keep bringing it back like its some amazing whizbang innovation

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Beeftweeter posted:

i think that was more to show that they were able to package the equivalent of the full size ipod photo into something as small as the nano

the watch is just dumb

the iPod photo was dumb too

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

it's huge and unwieldy and slow as piss and if you don't appreciate a retina display when you see it then it is you who needs to get his lovely eyes checked.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the first retina ipad is also unwieldy though not quite as much as the original ipad, and obviously i was speaking in terms of current ipad models such as the iPad Air 2 which you conveniently left out of your screenshot. misrepresent my argument, great debate tactic there. the first retina ipad is also a mega POS with not enough memory. ipad 2 is okay for olds and kids and such.

retina adds the functionality of being able to look at detailed photos and fine text without zooming in, which again is not something i would expect a nearsighted defective üntermensch like yourself to appreciate. luckily we live in a time when such disabilities can be mitigated and I urge you to speak to a doctor about corrective lenses

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

if i ever called you gay that should be taken as a compliment

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

reading and looking at photos: in the world of supremely average everyman, echinopsis, these are edge cases

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

echinopsis posted:

you carry around one of those bibles with the writing that needs a microscope dont you
if I for whatever reason needed to carry around a big book like that I would just grab my iPad Air 2 and download a copy. i was actually referring to rear end in a top hat PDFs with tiny text that you cant change the text size on

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

i got this calc textbook, its not legible on non-retina unless you zoom in. so youre constantly zooming and panning around, poo poo sucks. on the retina ipad i can just read it

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

echinopsis posted:

can't wait fr another 5 years when you claim the iPad Air 2 is basically made of lead and has pixels the size of a camel
stop reading my drafts!

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

if i lived in a slum id wish for stuff like clean water and money and a bodyguard not a big hunk of metal that cant even load facebook without crashing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

3rd party keyboards are still a shitshow in ios 8.2. using one in the app store literally makes all the text fields just disappear
its their way of punishing you for even thinking about using a lesser keyboard

• Locked thread