Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mathhole
Jun 2, 2011

rot in hell, wonderbread.
if the watch lasts a couple days and costs less than whatever is too much, i will buy a watch

but i fully expect the v2 watch to laugh maniacally as it chews the castrated testicles of the v1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mathhole
Jun 2, 2011

what is chance of apple head mounted watch?

Mathhole
Jun 2, 2011

oh gently caress the hashtag jokes arrived

Mathhole
Jun 2, 2011

god i want a dancing mickey on my wrist 24hr/day

Mathhole
Jun 2, 2011

BiohazrD posted:

but for real does the watch just not need my thumbprint for apple pay? how is info getting out of the secure enclave?

speculation:
i guess you could put it on, and scan you fingprint on phone. then it monitors health to know the watch never changed hands

Mathhole
Jun 2, 2011

i was hoping for <$300 and >36hrs

all of my excitement wasted

rip stebe

Mathhole
Jun 2, 2011

it is a sad day

also lol

Mathhole
Jun 2, 2011

why have i known about apple watches for so long even though they don't ship for a month and are poo poo?

has apple ever shown products so far in advance?

Mathhole
Jun 2, 2011

the first iphone was an appless turd.

first ipad was a fat tub of slow lard with no pixels

first watch does too little to justify price and seems to have poo poo battery life

but did you see this:

quote:

just wanting to see the time on the display will mean the watch can eke out up to 78 hours of use

18 hours =

quote:

90 time checks, 90 notifications, 45 minutes of app use, and a 30-minute workout with music playback from Apple Watch via Bluetooth

also:

quote:

Audio Playback Test: Up to 6.5 hours
Workout Test (with heart rate sensor): Up to 7 hours

http://www.engadget.com/2015/03/10/heres-more-detail-about-how-long-apples-watch-battery-will-las/

Mathhole
Jun 2, 2011

i will agree that early ipad wasn't total poo poo as it could play netflix and do skype video chat and weighed a lot less than the laptops of the day

Mathhole
Jun 2, 2011

basically, i think similar conversations were had about ipads when they came out

but it was at least more functional than a phone, not just a less functional thing in slightly more convenient location

Mathhole
Jun 2, 2011

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mathhole
Jun 2, 2011

quote:

If your battery gets too low, Apple Watch automatically switches into Power Reserve mode so you can continue to see the time for up to 72 hours.
:eyepop:

maybe the battery is good enogh, but still ~$100 more than i wanted to spend

• Locked thread