Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i'm going to camp out for the $3500 edition apple iwatch that only has 8 hours of battery life and charges with a new proprietary cable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i hope apple announces a partnership with swarovski here

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i'm really excited that apple is inventing the first digital watch here and we all get to witness it first hand

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
in french it's ordinateur

which means ordinator

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
how about we group-livetweet us camping out at apple stores?!?!

i'll be at the sf one starting tonight until i can be the first one to buy the brand new apple computer brand apple iwatch edition, for only $24,999 with 6 hours of battery life!

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
a week! only a week left before the first watch with a digital crown is released!

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

qirex posted:

this is false, the casio "smart access" system used in their g-shock, edifice and oceanus watches has existed for years

yeah but apple is doing it for the first time, like they did with ultrabooks, NFC payment systems, wireless mice and high resolution displays.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
apples flag ship San Francisco store

they're reinforcing the sidewalks and putting in blast proofing

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i'm the 1/8th inch headphone jack on the other side

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
does amoke know if the new apple Iwatch will be 4K?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i think they're gonna go bigger

6.7 inch screen iphone 6XL

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

maniacdevnull posted:

does 18kt gold bend under normal use?

my wedding band is 18k gold and i hit it on poo poo all the time and it hasn't dented yet.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
what kind of movement is the apple iwatch going to have?

quartz you think?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
wait so do they use oyster movement instead of quartz?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i'm waiting for the 1/8th inch jack

do you think they might go for 'pro' audio on the beats edition and have a 1/4th inch jack on the watch?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Sniep posted:

nobody wants a drat cord hanging from their wrist to their head idiot

you keep saying this but u know deep down that this is what a lot of people want

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
what if that same cord was the one going to their mophie XL pack that can keep the apple iwatch powered through an 8 hour day at work?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
how big do u think the speaker in the apple iwatch BEATS edition will be?

block rockin or just coffee-table-boombox sized?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

theflyingexecutive posted:

exactly the size of the hifi with a red b on the side

sniep, do u think the new hifi will have a wireless connector for the watch or now do you see why you need that 1/8th in / 1/4th in / optical out jack so you can play your dope iTunes playlist to everybody in earshot?!?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

infernal machines posted:

purestrain lmao

the gold used by apple is much more valuable than regular gold, it's 8 karat, the lower the number the better

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/fc1b9aaa-c31c-11e4-ac3d-00144feab7de.html#slide0

they compare it to the Lisa in the 4th paragraph

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i got it

the inside of the world's first digital crown will be where the 1/8th inch jack is for the headphones.

i'm a genius

jonny ive better watch out, here i come

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

yard salad posted:

switzerland is only hosed if they try to make a smart watch, imagine a jaerger lecoultre reverso smwart watch, which would be poo poo

does the reverso go counter-clockwise?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
that spring drive seems cool. i already have that baller rear end seiko ball watch, the kinetic, so i already am part of the future.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
it's only $10,000 for a 5 hour battery life. not bad, you can do a lot in 5 hours.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

H5N1 posted:

hey, what time is it?

time to charge my watch!

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
what kind of case should I get for my edition?

I don't want to scratch it

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i am so out of touch with 'watch culture' or whatever, i bought a seiko kinetic in 2000 because it looked cool and was like $500 and then years later got a $1k movado sport but man, you guys turned me on to those spring grand seikos and they are some drat fine looking watches. oh i also have a gigantic purple nixon watch that was like $80 to match my purple shoes.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
what if every apple edition watch is put in a specially constructed device and sent to the center of the earth under unimaginable heat and pressure and they're really using a new form of super-gold?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
it's what stebe would have done

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i heard that apple gold is so amazing that even the world's best scientists can't even call it gold, it's better than that. it's molecular makeup is so different, it's unlike any gold they've ever seen.

it's Apple Gold.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

maniacdevnull posted:

let's argue about the density of the metal in the literal dumbest product ever sold anywhere by anyone ever forever

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
wait so just to be clear here, apple is selling 10k gold and pretending they've invented some new technology that makes it 18k gold?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Mr. Apollo posted:

no. their gold is 18K gold. "regular" 18K gold is a mixture of gold and other metals so a certain weight of 18K gold will take up a certain volume of space. Apple gold uses ceramics in its mixture so for the same weight of regular 18K gold its volume will be slightly larger as the ceramic particles take up more space.

so less gold = more, better gold?

got it.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i jokingly asked a friend of mine if he was gonna buy a new apple computer internetwatch and he was like "yeah, probably a large sport watch"

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Beeftweeter posted:

lol i didnt even think of watch cases

if people are dumb enough to put cases on their cell phones i bet theyre dumb enough to put a case on their watch

i asked earlier what kind of case should i get for my edition, i don't want to scratch the gold.

i'm thinking hard plastic maybe with a burberry or tory burch print?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i wonder how much the screen protectors for the apple computer iWatch will cost

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

bobbilljim posted:

get a flip cover case to protect teh screen from scratches. then when you flip it up the screen can turn on automatically/. battery saving and great to look at

maybe with a nice powerful rare earth magnet to keep it closed?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
10am PDT depending on where you are that might be an hour off of what you're expecting since we're in daylight savings time now thanks to those loving farmers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
I'm really looking forward to taking phone and video calls on my apple watch like in dick tracy

that would be so cool!

and for privacy you can use the headphone jack for the included pair of EarPods!

• Locked thread