Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i'm horny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i want a 2nd gen retinal imac but that aint gonna be til skylake. rip

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

calling it now that the most expensive one will be $2999

it's the perfect price since people who have the money and are the target audience (the ones who buy apple products in the first place) will, and just cheap enough that poor people with credit cards can buy one and feel rich. apple wins either way

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

cremnob posted:

nah its gonna be 10k according to gruber

yeah he's going to be wrong. no one but like .01% of people can afford a 10k watch and apple would be dumb as gently caress to ignore the simple fact that poor people love bling. the edition watches look gaudy as hell and normal rich people aren't gonna buy them so they should cater to those who will.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

:justpost:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

it will cost $2999

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

if you really, genuinely think that they are charging 10k for a gold watch then you are dumb

the number of people with crippling credit card debt who will buy the poo poo out of it to feel better about themselves is far too great to charge an amount that they can't afford in the more literal sense. so you can have 10k people buy it at $10k a pop, or 50k people buy it at $3k

you think it's targeted at rich people, but surprise, cause in reality it's targeted at poors. h t h

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

nobody who wears a rolex is buying this

or an omega

or a bulova

or a longines

or a jeanrichard

or any watch that uses moving parts to track the time

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

cremnob posted:

they absolutely will. they'll wear their apple watch daily and the rolex will be left at home for *special occasions* but even that will slip away when they realize the utility they'll be giving up by not wearing the apple watch

lmao no

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

people who will buy the ugly rear end gold watch:

- persian men
- black women
- white trash housewives

any of these groups may or may not have lots of credit card debt but want to own a gold watch that falls in their "affordable" price range but is a big brand name

$2999. only at the apple store.

also note that many poors own androids, often out of being dumb rather than not being able to afford them because you can get a 5s with the touch id and all for like $0 on contract now. by selling the gold watch to poors they will also have to get iphones for the things to be remotely useful. apple sells another few million.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

apple doesn't target the wealthy, they just give off the illusion of it

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Dislike button posted:

so the same people that buy jewelry in general?

yes!!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

it's almost as if bluetooth doesn't exist

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i will eat a ban if cremnob is probated for a month

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

it's worth the ten dollars to not see cremnob post. he is somehow a worse poster than i am.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

http://leancrew.com/all-this/2015/03/apple-gold/

lol @ anyone that thought the thing was pure gold

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

you know i was strongly leaning towards getting the sport watch but now i might not just to spite cremnob

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

agreed. gas

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

RIP Steve

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A URL INTO THE BROWSER. IT'S DARING FIREBALL DOT COM AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, JOHN GRUBER. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME APPLE PREDICTIONS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY PREDICTED THE WATCH PRICE. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE FEATURES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I'm ready.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

give it to me tim

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

chinese lol

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

TIM