Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

who is your favorite DK animal companion? i think i am going to go with enguarde, since he is in most of the games and his levels are pretty chill, with relaxing music.
probably rambi, but most of them are good (gently caress you expresso and that dumb elephant in DKC3 that's not rambi)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

dkc2 is the best classic dkc game

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Phantasium posted:

Reminder for those that like the music (which should be everybody)...

Did you know DKC3 on GBA had a completely different soundtrack done by David Wise because they couldn't figure out a technical solution to get the SNES music working on a GBA in time and it was faster for Wise to just write whole new tracks? Because it's a nice change of pace if you've played the game before.
i know that the music for DKC3 on the SNES was composed by someone else, another reason why it's inferior to the previous two games (still good tho)

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

dkc3 gets a bad rap for "gimmicky" levels and having a more cartoony art style than the first two games. i prefer the art style in DKC1 and 2 but i like 3's as well

the gimmick levels are very hit-and-miss. the one with the rope on fire is good, but Lightning Lookout and the rocket level make me want to pull my hair out

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

man i remember when Advanced Computer Modeling or whatever its name is was a great advancement in graphics technology. nintendo power pimped that poo poo dry

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

The waggle sucks in Returns, but it's not nearly bad enough to ruin the game. At least with nunchuck controls. It's still better to play it with waggle than to play it at 30fps.
on the internet "waggle" translates into "waaaaaaaaah i'm a big gay baby who can't handle flicking my wrist once in a while"

they do go a little overboard with it but it's still a fun as hell game in spite of it. also, hard as hell at the end- i lost so many lives in that volcano level with the rising lava

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i don't remember too many levels from dkc returns either, but i sure as hell remember the one where you have to run from a giant cloud of spiders

• Locked thread