Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I really enjoy DCK2. Animal Antics is the hardest level. The first one is also good. I am not the biggest fan of DKC3, however, which felt a bit stale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The helicopter spin and other slow descent mechanics for platformers is one of my favorite things about that era.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Squeezy Farm posted:

The donkey kong country games are terrible.

No.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

who is your favorite DK animal companion? i think i am going to go with enguarde, since he is in most of the games and his levels are pretty chill, with relaxing music.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i wish DK64 were available somewhere not on its original cartridge.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

squitter is cool, but his levels, like web woods, are frequently the more difficult ones.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Not a Children posted:

Beating it was super cathartic... then I had to replay it like 10 times to get the DK coin from the pole at the end

That's right, it's one of those levels! I think the other one was in the swamp somewhere.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

yeah, i like the ghost woods music.

a lot of the songs in donkey kong country 2 were great and catchy. for example: all of them were that!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Austrian mook posted:

I've been waiting for this. Never got a chance to pick them up for my SNES so ill probably play through the original games here.

Enjoy, Austrian mook. You are in for a gorilla good time.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Awesome! posted:

when i was a kid i had donkey kong lands and they were good enough for me

Wow! a visit from an actual DK celebrity, Cranky Kong. how's it hangin', crankster?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The last time that I played, the haunted roller coaster level gave me some trouble for some reason, and I had never had any trouble with it before.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Eye of Widesauron posted:

This thread isnt the same without Bonzibuddy

if only he hadn't run off with someone's kremcoins without delivery of services. RIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Yeah, I kind of builds the difficulty, but unless youre collecting the bonus and DK coins, it should be mildly challenging without murdering you with difficulty. some of the bosses can be tough (king zing and king k. rool spring to mind). once you start going for the bonus levels, there are definitely at least two really difficult ones.

• Locked thread