Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Crain posted:

My favorite bit about this is that it's an amazing example of a legitimately viral internet meme. There was no public event around it, no branding behind it, it's not sponsored, it's just some lady posted a dress she liked on the internet. Then someone said something like "nice blue-black/white-gold dress" and someone else said it was the opposite. Que a chain of people sharing it trying to see what their friends think.

This poo poo blew up so drat fast too.

Also no one at my job is getting anything done because everyone's just arguing about it and using various programs to justify their position.

(BTW: Team BLUE/BLACK for life!)

It is literally the internet flu it infects almost everyone passes quickly causes little damage to regular people, but those under or over exposed to memes..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Murphy Brownback posted:

Because some peoples' brains don't just see the color value of a bunch of pixels. They can infer things based on the lighting in the picture - it is clearly light reflecting off of thin black fabric that appears gold because of the lovely camera. If you look at the bottom stripes they are much closer to black.

I still have not seen a convincing argument about how people are seeing white. There is no shadow. Everything is extremely lit, and the middle part of the dress appears to be reflecting light. I don't see where this "blue shadow" is coming from. I mean yeah hypothetically there could be a blue shadow, but I don't see it, because it isn't there.

yeah but if it was there then it would be white, people's brains as just assuming that the dress isn't washed out like the background objects because its in shadow not the fact that the dress is dark.

• Locked thread